The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Destination Focus: South Africa

Whilst away one night I watched again one of my favourite films, Cry Freedom. It puts a somewhat different light on South Africa, its past, present and perhaps its future. I love South Africa as I do a great deal of Africa that I have been to but there is more to it than animals and beaches. One of my highlights was spending time on a day off in Soweto.

London

Thanks Gill. As alway your feedback is much appreciated.

Strange thing about the squirrel is that I stumbled across him & he ran up the tree, then froze about a yard from my face. It seemed as if he felt that as long as he stayed perfectly still I wouldn’t be able to see him.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:14 15-Sep-18

This one covers Cape Town and the peninsular & even contains a little romance:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-africa-south-africa/cape-town-and-the-peninsula

plus some extra photos.

Brilliant article @coolonespa and loved all the pics., especially the one of the squirrel, very professional!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

This one covers Cape Town and the peninsular & even contains a little romance:

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-africa-south-africa/cape-town-and-the-peninsula

plus some extra photos.

Essex UK

The rocks are pretty crowded at Dyer Island:

but the sea isn’t much better:

Perhaps it was rush hour

Essex UK

A lovely coastal bench:

Essex UK

Knysna is a lovely coastal town on the Garden Route and a climb up to The Heads offers some lovely views:

Essex UK

There is some lovely rugged coastline at Tsitsikamma National Park. Here visitors can explore the gorges and indigenous forest via a number of trails. Seagulls keep an eye on the comings and goings

Essex UK

@Solent_Richard wrote:

Thanks for your reports.

Glad you’re finding them useful Richard.

At Bloukrans Bridge, allegedly not only Africa’s highest bridge but the world’s highest commercial bungee jump location some 216-metres above the Bloukrans River. Your guess is as good as mine as to why people throw themselves off a perfectly good bridge, but it’s fun to watch:

Essex UK

Good morning @coolonespa

Thanks for your reports.

I’m finding this thread useful as we have a visit to South Africa planned for next year.

65 Posts
Sign in to add your message