Welcome to our forums.

Grand Hotel Savoia - Genoa

Now thats what you call a hotel – very impressive indeed. Great photo’s SR….

Bedford

I loved that post! This is just the type of hotel that I love to stay in – lots of character.

Breakfast the following morning was a grand affair in the more than elegant Novecento Restaurant and was outstanding…

or, if one preferred, on the ‘al fresco’ patio…

A buffet affair but with so many quality choices…

…from such a variety of stations…

A real 5 Star breakfast and superb value.

In summary this was a most memorable stay in a first class hotel. The Grand Hotel Savoia has a most appealing ambiance, occupies an ideal position for making the most of a visit to Genoa and offers a truly 5 Star service. We found the service exceptional, the food particularly good and the whole experience most satisfying.

Right down to those little details like having a charging facility within the room safe…

How smart is that in these days of communication.

I would have no hesitation in recommending the Grand Hotel Savoia to travellers visiting Genoa.

PS. The hotel offers a very good complimentary Wifi service in both rooms and public areas.

Last Edited by unknown at 18 Jul 23:37

My wife and I recently arranged a post cruise one night stay in Genoa.

The reason for this was simply that we had never visited this Italian city before and had we not booked a stop-over the chances were our flight home would have precluded us from seeing anything of the city.

Our hotel was The Grand Hotel Savoia on Via Arsenale Di Terra, around 15 minutes walk from either Genoa’s Cruise Terminal or the ‘Old Port’ and even less from Genoa’s Piazza Principe Railway Station. Indeed, almost next door.

The first thing that struck us on check-in was the elegant style of decor, efficient Bell Service and the total friendliness and helpfulness of the reception staff. Nothing appeared too much trouble for them, even allowing time to show off the superb decorative traditional ‘room key’ board of yesteryear…

The hotel interior is beautifully maintained in what can simply described as classic style: elegantly furnished with antique furniture, rich marble and stylish contemporary lighting…

…while our room was beautifully decorated, very spacious and complete with all modern facilities…

The hotel also boasts a beautiful Roof Terrace…

with excellent views out over Genoa

…as well as a jacuzzi Pool area…

We had had a busy day sightseeing in Genoa, a review of which can be read at…

http://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/201 … -do-genoa/

…and we decided to eat in the hotel that evening.

Pre-dinner drinks were taken in the Hotel’s cocktail bar…

Each order accompanied by an array of nibbles….

Our dinner was excellent. We were shown into what can only be described as a quirky almost private dining annex – seen here the following morning…

which was gorgeously intimate with an excellent atmosphere and service. Our main couses consisted of an outstanding Tuna Tagliata…

and a Genoise Style King Prawns…

All suitably washed down with what else but a fine Pinot Grigio…

Needless to say we slept well that night…..

Last Edited by unknown at 18 Jul 23:34
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message