Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel TV channel

Hi Dave,
Should have come back earlier and said thank you but have been up to my eyeballs with other things i.e the 2 weeks of Poppy Collections. You have done a great job. I really think it is the way forward. Is it possible to have some sort of picture instead of just the wording?

Hi Fossil

A picture is certainly possible, but there are implications. For consistency and neatness, both links (STA website and STA TV) would need an image. But adding images would reduce the width available for the text, causing it to use more lines and thus lengthening the whole page. It’s a decision for Debbie I feel.

Regards

Absolutely agree. Will speak with her on her return.

London
Hi Dave,
Should have come back earlier and said thank you but have been up to my eyeballs with other things i.e the 2 weeks of Poppy Collections. You have done a great job. I really think it is the way forward. Is it possible to have some sort of picture instead of just the wording?

Hi Fossil

A picture is certainly possible, but there are implications. For consistency and neatness, both links (STA website and STA TV) would need an image. But adding images would reduce the width available for the text, causing it to use more lines and thus lengthening the whole page. It’s a decision for Debbie I feel.

Regards

Hi Dave,

London
Perhaps we could have the ‘Silver Travel TV Channel’ as a seperate feature on the home page. People could then click on it and see videos of holiday destinations, cities, airports, tours, excursions, venues, cruises, ships and much, much more. Taki and Admin, where are you? What is the feasibility? I can really see a future in this.

Since Silver Travel Advisor’s YouTube channel already exists, it would be a simple matter to link to it from the forum index.

(Edit) Done!

Perhaps we could have the ‘Silver Travel TV Channel’ as a seperate feature on the home page. People could then click on it and see videos of holiday destinations, cities, airports, tours, excursions, venues, cruises, ships and much, much more. Taki and Admin, where are you? What is the feasibility? I can really see a future in this.

London

Many thanks for highlighting this channel – I had not spotted this feature on the website (not being a regular U-Tube user!) I specially enjoyed seeing the Viking River Cruises video, having done this trip earlier this year, and I hope there will be more videos like this in the future, contributed by SilverTravellers with video cameras.

Dorset, UK

Just a reminder that YouTube videos can also be embedded in posts:

]
(Tip: Change 360p to 480p at the bottom of the frame for a clearer video.)

Thanks for that Atlantic would never have found without your input – what a great TV channel, now I’m thinking of a Viking river cruise for next year – something a bit different…..

David

Bedford

Hi Atlantic1 (David),
That was great. Silver Travel TV, love it. It’s a first. No doubt other forums when they see it will want to copy but you did it first for Silver Travel. Well done.
Alan

London

Here’s a link: Silver Travel TV channel

11 Posts
Sign in to add your message