Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Advisor Bag's Day Out

Solent-Richard_1 wrote:

I’ll cover the visit and more photographs under the Digital Postcard thread.

Looking forward to that Richard after this great set of bag photos.

Essex UK

HMJ wrote:

what we think was cherry blossom,rather than plum, was just coming into bloom

What a lovely backdrop to your bag picture. Shame the gardens (review) we a little disappointing but useful to know if we were to visit at this time of the year.

Essex UK

Great pictures as always Richard. Keep them coming.

London

The grounds of the Kuthodaw Pagoda has 729 Kyauksa gu, or stone-inscription caves. Each Kyauksa gu contains a marble slab inscribed on both sides with a page of text covering the entire Pali Canon of Theravada Buddhism

We started our journey in Mandalay and while there visited the Kuthodaw Pagoda. Known as the ’World’s Largest Book’, here is a Silver Travel Bag’ taking a rest amongst the rows of book pages…

The grounds of the Kuthodaw Pagoda has 729 kyauksa gu or stone-inscription caves. Each one containins a marble slab inscribed on both sides with a page of text from the Tipitaka, the entire Pali Canon of Theravada Buddhism.

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 23 Mar 09:01

The people of Myanmar were fascinated with photography and it was impressed on us all that it was good manners to show whoever you had a photograph with the result on your camera screen. This guy proved very curious while we were closer to the monument…

I showed him the photograph but as we had also learnt during our stay , the monks do rely on charity. Never one to miss an opportunity I did a deal…

…for which 4,000 Myanmar Kyat ended up in his bowl.

The Solents have recently returned from an amazing holiday in Myanmar – formerly Burma. We cruised for 14 nights along the Irrawaddy and I will add a seperate Digital postcard review in due course.

Meanwhile here we are in Yangon (formerly Rangoon) in the Maha Bandoola Garden with the Independence Monument and City Hall in the background…

Just shows you can’t trust everyone with your camera and the duty Burmese photographer managed to cut the top of the Independence Memorial off.

Not to worry. Solent Richard found a more experienced operator in the shape of Solent barbara and the top of the monument was restored…

To the left of the monument is the famous Sule Pagoda.

Some great photos. @AlanHR4 @HMJ

London

Loving the last few photos!

Wigan

What a lovely, happy pic.@HMJ

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain
Sign in to add your message