The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Virtual Tours

I think they are a useful ‘taster’ and a good way of stimulating interest but no substitute for the real thing. I am perplexed by a story currently running on the Malta Today web site entitled ‘Virtual museum to showcase Maltese history in real-time’ – the only way to experience something real-time is to be there when it happens, in which case it is not history. Confusing claims like this do nothing to endear the technology to me.

Hi, I just wonder what people think about virtual heritage tours? Many places are putting out online material because people have not been able to travel due to the pandemic.

I have an interest in going on guided tours and was all set to do some research into this as part of my masters course in heritage. Then the pandemic happened! I have moved the focus of my research onto virtual tours. My case studies are Machu Picchu & Lincoln Castle.

If anyone is interested in helping me with my research, please follow the link below:

https://bishopg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/vht-gp-survey

Many thanks,
Julie

Stamford
2 Posts
Sign in to add your message