The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Unfair refund policies

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
09:37 17-Jun-20

On a brighter note I had two airline bookings with TUI both of which were cancelled. They issued a credit note and then gave the option of using the notes for further flights or a refund. I applied for the refunds on line and both came through with 2 weeks.

Good to have a positve outcome on the subject, Alan, well done.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

On a brighter note I had two airline bookings with TUI both of which were cancelled. They issued a credit note and then gave the option of using the notes for further flights or a refund. I applied for the refunds on line and both came through with 2 weeks.

London

Thanks for sharing your situation @Freddie and I’m sorry you are having difficulties getting your refund.

I’m afraid vouchers instead of refunds and delays getting refunds has been a common element with so many travel arrangements being cancelled during the pandemic. I think you’re right in that the way people feel they were dealt with during this crisis will no doubt influence their future loyalties, not just within the travel industry.

I noticed that Money Savings Expert have done a survey on “The 50 best and worst travel firms for cancellation refunds”

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/05/mse-travel-survey-results/

Essex UK

On 9 June, Cunard emailed me to state that my September cruise had been cancelled. An FCC was offered of value 125% of my deposit; however this FCC could only be used to fund a new cruise (NOT the one I had booked already for 2021) an stateroom upgrade on that cruise or a second stateroom booking on that cruise. On 10 June, I emailed Cunard stating that I did not want the FCC, but a full refund of my deposit of £829, in accordance with UK Consumer Law. On 16 June Cunard replied asking me to fill in an online form to reclaim the deposit. The form stated that it would take up to 60 days for the refund to arrive “due to delays caused by Covid-19”. On checking Trustpilot, I find that some customers are still waiting for refunds for longer than 60 days. Consequently Cunard’s current Trustpilot rating is POOR. Cunard deserve to loose many loyal customers.

4 Posts
Sign in to add your message