Welcome to our forums.

Markets

Agreed that it can be like a painting. Liked that the skirt (is that a skirt) of the national costume complements the rest of the photo.

Those are great pictures @ESW There’s something about the lighting & the colours of the first one that make it look like a painting. I bet that would look fantastic blown up onto a canvas.

Essex UK

Mercado dos Lavradores in Funchal. This is the flower section with the flower sellers wearing traditional costume.

ESW
Lincolnshire

Thank you both – I’m getting there! (Have to be up and running by the 11th as I’m going to the England-Pakistan cricket match!)

JoCarroll wrote:

UK
JoCarroll
12:01 02-May-19

I saw that pic, too, Steve – the poor woman looks so despondent, among all her lovely produce.

(I have felt better. This infection is taking its time. Am almost grumpy with it now.)

Hang on in there, @JoCarroll – I’m sure you’ll be back to your usual good health soon, and
planning your next adventure!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

I had a nasty bout of flu in Jan that seemed to take forever to go, so I have every sympathy when these things drag on. Get well soon Jo

Essex UK

I saw that pic, too, Steve – the poor woman looks so despondent, among all her lovely produce.

(I have felt better. This infection is taking its time. Am almost grumpy with it now.)

I know you like a good market @JoCarroll so this ones for you. Are you feeling better?

The shot is by Elise Humphrey: “A hungry market-stall holder in Yogyakarta, Indonesia, sits among forbidden fruits during Ramadan, whilst dreaming of her next meal.” Its part of a collection from the Food Photographer of the Year 2019 contest. See more & read about them at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/in-pictures-48092511

Essex UK

@coolonespa a very sad day today for Sri Lanka.

London

Market in Galle, Sri Lanka

Essex UK
93 Posts
Sign in to add your message