Welcome to our forums.

Welcome Back and Bon Voyage

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:25 13-Feb-18

Thanks Alan, David & Jo. I will raise a glass in the winelands to my friends in chilly climes.

Barrowman wrote:

Stay safe Steve and avoid the scary wildlife….

Attempting to reassure Linda’s Mum on the subject I told her that the rule of safari was that you only had to be able to outrun the slowest member in the group & I could easily outrun Linda…..strangly this didn’t reassure her

I bet she felt like doing this to you, Steve, @coolonespa – Have a wonderful time!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

If you’re charged by a rhino, Steve, run in zigzags, dropping items of clothing to distract them, or climb a tree. (You never know when you might need to know this stuff.)

Thanks Alan, David & Jo. I will raise a glass in the winelands to my friends in chilly climes.

Barrowman wrote:

Attempting to reassure Linda’s Mum on the subject I told her that the rule of safari was that you only had to be able to outrun the slowest member in the group & I could easily outrun Linda…..strangly this didn’t reassure her

Essex UK

Have the best time ever, Steve!

Bedford

@coolonespa Bon Voyage Steve have a very safe trip and give us all a thought now and again here in the chilly UK.

London

Whilst I hope none of you ever need a hospital stay, if you do, then I hope your experience can equal or better mine.

Apart from the medical issue that dictated I needed to lay completely flat on my right hand side 24/7 – except a few
minutes for meals (and they and drinks had to be cold throughout for me) – the facilities and level of care and
and cleanliness were excellent. (No MRSA here!).

All ‘wards’ are just 2-bed ensuite. Two beds, two lockers, two reclining chairs, wardrobe – think mini Travelodge!
There are 4 meals a day – breakfast (9 a.m) of a roll, yogurt, fruit juice and coffee. Then you are brought a menu
to choose lunch (1 p,m.) and dinner (8 p.m) – both 3 courses with a choice of 3 options for each. These are
interspersed with ‘afternoon tea’ (5 p.m) which is coffee and cakes or biscuits or pastries. And the portions were
huge (how I managed to lose weight is a puzzle!)

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Welcome back @applegroupie trust you had a fabulous time.

London

Welcome back @applegroupie I hope you enjoyed your river cruise.

Essex UK

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Doctor just been and said OK!

Great news. Take it steady when you get back home.

Essex UK
411 Posts
Sign in to add your message