Welcome to our forums.

My travels in Malaysia

JoCarroll wrote:

I wonder if it’s something about there being two of them, so the disrespectful bits come out in the banter between them.

Probably and them being comedians. so trying to find humour in something where there is none. Enjoyable overall though as you say.

Essex UK

I enjoyed it – but I take your point about them being disrespectful at times. I wonder if it’s something about there being two of them, so the disrespectful bits come out in the banter between them.

Nothing like as good as Sue Perkins going up the Mekong!

I’ve just been watching the first two episodes of Dara & Ed’s Road to Mandalay where they travel from Malaysia to Myanmar. I’m a bit mixed about it really as its brought back some fond memories of my trips to Malaysia & Thailand and at times I’ve enjoyed their humour. At other times I’ve felt that their attempts to make humour are out of place, bordering on disrespectful. Should you want to catch up with this and form your own opinion on it, its still available on BBC iPlayer.

Essex UK

rahulasinghh wrote:

We really like your blogs

Thank you.

Essex UK

We really like your blogs. And yes I want to share some information about Malaysia Itis a Southeast Asian country occupying parts of the Malay Peninsula and the island of Borneo. It’s known for its beaches, rainforests and mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and European cultural influences

No I haven’t @Grey-Wolf Worth adding to my reading list?

Essex UK

Out of interest Steve, have you read the graphic travelogue book by Guy Delisle about Malyasia ?

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I didn’t make it to Borneo – looks like I’m going to have to go back!!

Just to add further richness to this thread, @Debbie has done a fabulous 2 part write up of here experiences in Borneo. Loved reading them and the memories came flooding back. Grab a cup of tea and have a read, its a great way to forget about the gloom outside for a few mins

http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-asia-malaysia/borneo-experience-part-1

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Part 4 has been published now:
http://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/destination-features-asia-malaysia/travels-around-malaysia-part-04-sepilok-lankayan-island

I’ve just watched the first episode of Paul O’Grady’s Animal Orphans on ITV. He visited many of the places I did on my trip, so brought back happy memories. Very jealous of the hands on access he got with the baby Orangs.

Essex UK
70 Posts
Sign in to add your message