Welcome to our forums.

NHS Nightingale work for Virgin and EasyJet staff

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
14:24 01-Apr-20

coolonespa wrote:

So much for the EU dream of free movement of people!

Problem is Steve the Channel Islands are not part of the EU. I hope these people get it sorted out quickly @cruzeroqueen1

Thank you, Alaln – I’ll let you know when I have heard anything positive from them.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

coolonespa wrote:

Problem is Steve the Channel Islands are not part of the EU. I hope these people get it sorted out quickly @cruzeroqueen1

London

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

So it does not bode well for them

Interesting video from the BBC on this https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-europe-52095551/coronavirus-has-the-virus-brought-borders-back-to-europe

and sadly a lot of evidence of social distancing not being observed.

Essex UK

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
15:46 30-Mar-20

@cruzeroqueen1 would they not be better to get the weekly ferry from Alderney to France and then travel across the mainland to Spain by train, car hire or what ever is available?

We did Message each other this morning to discuss options. They flew over there because it was just supposed to be a short trip to
attend a familyl funeral. There is one small snag (not too sure of all the legalities regarding this, so don’t quote me). To return to Spain
now, by whatever means, you have to have the original copy of your Residencia WITH YOU. Now a) that is not the sort of document
you normally carry with you and b) he has got Residencia, (not with him), and she, being a newish partner, is not yet a Resident – “was going to sort that out when they got back!”. So it does not bode well for them.

@cruzeroqueen1 would they not be better to get the weekly ferry from Alderney to France and then travel across the mainland to Spain by train, car hire or what ever is available?

London

I have friends who are stranded on Alderney. To get home they need a ferry to Guernsey,
then a flight to UK and then another back home to Spain. Not looking good for them!

This probably a way of keeping the EasyJet staff busy as from today the entire fleet is now grounded until further notice. Friends of ours were on the last EasyJet flight out of Egypt last night after it had been given permission to land in Hurghada and collect stranded Brits.

London

“Thousands of EasyJet and Virgin airline staff are being offered work in the new NHS Nightingale Hospital in east London.” Read the full story at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52085701

Essex UK
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message