Welcome to our forums.

Having more sleep before holiday 'stops arguments'

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

seems to me to be a case of someone desperately searching for a topic just to get their name/face in the public eye!

Had that thought too Gill. Definitely like Jo’s version of reality.

Essex UK

JoCarroll wrote:

JoCarroll
09:25 31-Jul-19

I saw that – whose house do they live in? Have they tried sending excited kids to bed early – when you’ve had to stay late at work to get everything done before you go and then there’s all the sorting and packing to do before you can even sit down with that glass of wine you need just to unwind for five minutes before bed.

And yes, maybe it should all be done earlier, but how easy is that when you’re working, children are bouncing round the place needing clean-enough clothes and attention, food must be bought, cooked, eaten and washed up – maybe the people who write this stuff have nannies and cooks. I loved family holidays with the children – and especially that moment of locking the door, flopping into the car, and knowing that was it. And we had no more arguments on holiday than we’d have at home.

Yes, your version is much more realistic @JoCarroll – seems to me to be a case of someone desperately searching for a topic just to get their name/face in the public eye!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

I saw that – whose house do they live in? Have they tried sending excited kids to bed early – when you’ve had to stay late at work to get everything done before you go and then there’s all the sorting and packing to do before you can even sit down with that glass of wine you need just to unwind for five minutes before bed.

And yes, maybe it should all be done earlier, but how easy is that when you’re working, children are bouncing round the place needing clean-enough clothes and attention, food must be bought, cooked, eaten and washed up – maybe the people who write this stuff have nannies and cooks. I loved family holidays with the children – and especially that moment of locking the door, flopping into the car, and knowing that was it. And we had no more arguments on holiday than we’d have at home.

Probably harder said than done for most families but read the full article at: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/education-49150998

People often spoke to me about “winding down” or that it took them a few days to get into a holiday. Can’t say I ever felt that, I’d probably “wound down” by the time I’d got to the end of the street after leaving work. I guess we’re all different though.

What is your recollection of family holidays? A tinderbox waiting to explode or some of the best days of your life?

Essex UK
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message