Welcome to our forums.

Changi Airport Singapore's new 'Jewel'

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:24 10-Aug-19

@ESW wrote:

That waterfall is amazing

Not to be outdone, Luton have created their own waterfall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-49299362/luton-airport-video-captures-rain-pouring-into-airport-terminal

You are wicked, Steve!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@ESW wrote:

That waterfall is amazing

Not to be outdone, Luton have created their own waterfall

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-49299362/luton-airport-video-captures-rain-pouring-into-airport-terminal

Essex UK

@PSmithy sounds like good came out of bad and yes, I imagine it has changed over 30 years. If you do return let us all know what it is like.

London

Changi Airport and Singapore. I remember it well from over 30 years ago, although it has probably been much improved, it was impressive then.

I had an unscheduled stopover at Singapore on a flight back from Indonesia. This was due to a hijacked plane being managed by the security forces when we landed, so no planes were taking off. After some hours of a wait, everyone was taken off our plane (Not the hijacked one. LOL). We were bussed into Singapore for an overnight stay at the Mandarin Oriental hotel. A beautiful hotel, where I was given a room near the top, overlooking the bay. I woke up in the morning to a gorgeous view of all the ships in the straits with the sun rising behind them across the horizon.
After a hearty breakfast we were bussed back to Changi to catch the flight home after the hijacking had been resolved. I just remember how clean and bright Singapore looked compared with Jakarta, Indonesia and how impressive everything looked from the airport and all around.

I wouldn’t mind returning to Changi to see how things look now.

@glossy23 there’s plenty to see. And if you get tired, massage chairs are scattered on the terminals.

Wow! I can’t wait to see this: Changi Airport Singapore’s new ‘Jewel’
We are going to Australia in November, to visit relatives, and our ‘stopover’ is Singapore.
Something else to look forward to!!

Changi is excellent and also a favourite, but I found Singapore to be… quite unexciting unlike the rest of Southeast Asia.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Changi has long been my favourite airport

Ditto for me too!

Definitely takes away the stress of being in an airport. Heard they have 4 terminals now.

@yorkshirecat wrote:

There are around 280 retail shops and food outlets

One of the standout things about this airport is that the locals use it as well as the tourists. It’s said that its a popular place to go to the cinema, dinner, shop. Who ever heard of someone meeting friends at Heathrow for dinner

Essex UK
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message