Monday, 23 January 2012
Master Chef Nobu Matsuhisa is coming aboard Crystal Serenity this May to serve as in-person Executive Chef in Silk Road and the Sushi Bar, his specialty restaurants with ultra-luxe partner Crystal Cruises.
The world-famous Japanese chef plans to give cooking instructions, personally prepare dishes, take pictures with guests, and sign autographs during a 12-day western European/Mediterranean voyage departing May 24.
• Nightly appearances and guest mingling in Silk Road and the Sushi Bar
• Special add-on “Omakase” dinner, with sake and sake champagne pairings chosen by Sake Master Fumio Hazu, the man behind Nobu’s exclusive “living” Hokosetsu sake, plus explanations of each course by both.
• Intimate hands-on cooking class in Crystal’s kitchen for 10-12 guests
• Cooking demonstration for all guests
• Autograph signings of “NOBU’S Vegetarian Cookbook” and “NOBU the Cookbook”
• Photo opportunities
• Sake tasting with Japanese hors d’oeuvres, hosted by Mr. Hazu
Nobu’s Japanese-Peruvian fusion has been served complimentary on board every Crystal Symphony and Crystal Serenity sailing since 2003 and 2008, respectively. Mr. Matsuhisa personally trains all chefs, designs all menus, and schedules in-person ship visits every year for ongoing refinement. Says Crystal’s Vice President Food and Beverage Operations, Toni Neumeister: “This visit, Nobu really wanted to have more personal interaction and time with the guests who have helped make his only ocean-going culinary venture such a success through the years.”