Welcome to our forums.

Flying on Friday 13th

Thanks Alan – I think/hope I have reset my timing! We are actually flying on Tuesday 17th this time! I appreciated your good advice on Egypt/Taba, etc. and will report back when we return. Watch for the Review!

Dorset, UK

Bon Voyage. Have a safe flight and relax in the sun.
Alan

London
PS – it is actually 4.52, not 5.52 as shown on my previous reply – maybe the Forum is already preparing for Summer Time because of the the mild weather recently (but now ending!).

Check your settings in the user control panel to see if you are set up for BST.
Alan

London

PS – it is actually 4.52, not 5.52 as shown on my previous reply – maybe the Forum is already preparing for Summer Time because of the the mild weather recently (but now ending!).

Dorset, UK

Probably shouldn’t tempt fate by commenting before tomorrow! But since I don’t believe in ‘fate’, it could be a nice quiet day to fly. Short check-in lines, good seating availability, etc. – must try it some time. In the past few years, I have flown twice on 9/11 – once from UK to the USA and once within the USA and it seems that Americans (I assumed) regard this as another day to avoid because the planes were not much more than 50% full on either occasion. Have a good weekend….

Dorset, UK

It must be true, it’s in the Daily Mail…

Flight bookings for today – Friday the 13th – have reportedly dropped by nearly a third.

The Daily Mail reports that travellers are preferring ‘not to tempt fate’ by flying today and are opting ‘to book for other dates instead’.

It says comparison website jetcost.co.uk has spotted a 27% in bookings for today, something that happens ‘every time the fated day looms’.

Last year, when Friday the 13th fell in May, the company saw a 24% drop in flight bookings.

London
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message