Welcome to our forums.

Travel insurance and Thailand

Any problems contact me on my Thai phone 0613066475. Have a great trip, the train journey is fantastic.

Biffo – you are a star!! I’ve put your number in my phone and will certainly call for help if I need it. (Now to rush off an pack – I’ve a plane to catch!)

I have never had a problem in the south and over the years the troubles there have slowly been pushed back to a smaller area every year. The train will be safe, theres more likelyhood of a derailment! Any problems contact me on my Thai phone 0613066475. Have a great trip, the train journey is fantastic.

Thank you, Lizzie.

And Steve, we’ll compare adventures from opposite sides of the globe!! Enjoy Cuba – it’s a fascinating place.

Jo Have a good and safe trip, looking forward to hearing about your adventures.

Northumberland
I’ll keep my fingers crossed you have a safe & enjoyable trip Jo.

Thank you, Steve. It’s last-minute day, as I leave tomorrow, so excitement-city in my house at the moment!
Me too.

Essex UK

Thank you, Steve. It’s last-minute day, as I leave tomorrow, so excitement-city in my house at the moment!

Essex UK

They do have a warning about the Thai/Malay boarder though, so it depends on how you are making the journey down there. Some policies do specifically mention Martial Law though.

I’m crossing the border on a train – which I’ve done before, going the other way. There was some unrest at the time – and plenty of soldiers on the train as we went through the dodgy bit. I’ve checked out safety on the Lonely Planet website – and they say the rebels haven’t shown any interest in damaging the trains so far, they are too aware of the importance of tourists to scupper that. I know there’s always a first time – but I’m travelling hopefully, as usual! And thanks for your concern, Steve. (I can always change my mind and fly if it all looks a bit silly when I get there!)

Oh heck – am heading for Bangkok on Wednesday. My insurance doesn’t mention Thailand specifically – but they do exclude places with foreign office warnings. I’m only there for a few days – then heading south to Malaysia. I’ll just have to be careful while I’m there.

I thought, although you’d have to check your specific insurance, that it was only invalid if you went against a warning not to travel and they don’t seem to be warning against travel to Bangkok. They do have a warning about the Thai/Malay boarder though, so it depends on how you are making the journey down there. Some policies do specifically mention Martial Law though.

Essex UK

Welcome back Biffo, glad you got the log in sorted. Thanks for the update & good thinking re insurance.

Essex UK
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message