Welcome to our forums.

Total Lunar Eclipse 27th July

Thanks for the “heads up” anyway @ESW At least I knew to look for the pics on the BBC even if I couldn’t see it for myself.

Essex UK

We saw it here but it wasn’t such a brilliant red as that picture.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thank goodness for the newspapers and their lovely pictures -my sky looked like yours, @Endy.

PamWNorth wrote:

we were having a huge thunder and lightning storm.

Us too, but fortunately the BBC have some fine shots: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-44945452

Essex UK

I didn’t get to see it as we were having a huge thunder and lightning storm.

North Northumberland

Thank you for all this well-gathered info @ESW

We had a lot of rumbling plus thunder and rain early evening, so I set out hopefully to our local high spot and joined the crowds of onlookers. Some with huge cameras and telescopes, others with their mobile phones.

I took four photos in different directions, of the clouds through which none of us could see the moon nor any hint of the eclipse.
I snapped the helicopter filming us filming the clouds.

And then when the last vestige of hope was gone I left, smiling at all the people still arriving, now so late they wouldn’t have seen anything had the clouds dispersed completely. They were not all drunk, but clearly they hadn’t had the benefit of ESW’s research.

…well that was the total non-event of the millennium wasn’t it ? I don’t know, clear blue skies in this freak heatwave we’ve had for the past fortnight, then the minute a lunar blood moon total eclipse comes along…total cloudover. Where I was anyway. Did others get to see any of it ?

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 27 Jul 23:30
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Detailed viewing guide and explanation of this evening’s lunar eclipse here:

https://www.space.com/33786-lunar-eclipse-guide.html

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Last night’s ‘storm’ was a dribble and I’ve got clouds forecast now. I can but hope they clear!

Thanks for the update there @ESW , all systems on standby at mission control.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message