Welcome to our forums.

Things furry & feathered around the world

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Elephants are the only animals who can’t jump!

and why would they

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:00 14-Apr-20

No Gill this one was just outside Uda Walawe National Park. Their credentials seem sound and are supported by the Born Free Foundation. They claim to have managed to free 119 elephants back into the wild. Not all will make it back into the the wild and a cleverly designed prosthetic leg for one of the inhabitants at least means a decent quality of life for the foreseeable future.

Here he is enjoying a shower

How wonderful! Another odd fact – Elephants are the only animals who can’t jump!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

No Gill this one was just outside Uda Walawe National Park. Their credentials seem sound and are supported by the Born Free Foundation. They claim to have managed to free 119 elephants back into the wild. Not all will make it back into the the wild and a cleverly designed prosthetic leg for one of the inhabitants at least means a decent quality of life for the foreseeable future.

Here he is enjoying a shower

This is a clearer shot showing the prosthetic.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

Baby elephants getting fed at the Elephant Transit home in Sri Lanka. Looks like the keepers are having fun too.

Was that in Pinnewela? We went to the sanctuary there (a TRUE sanctuary, not a tourist excuse!) and fed
the babies, and also scrubbed the parents in the river – a wonderful day!

Baby elephants getting fed at the Elephant Transit home in Sri Lanka. Looks like the keepers are having fun too.

Essex UK

Thanks Gill. I also recall seeing loads of them in Florida.

Essex UK

Lovely pics. Steve. When we were in Florida, there were hundreds of them along the canals.

Pelicans playing in the lake at Colombo

Essex UK

We love the animal pics! I thought I’d share a few from our trip to South Africa. You’ll find me up close and personal with a cheetah, a dassie (looks like an overgrown guinea pig but is related to the elephant), a baby cheetah’s face, a caracal, a penguin on Boulder’s Beach, and a mum teaching baby giraffe how to feed!

Thought I’d add a video for a change. This little guy was making itself heard in Parintins Brazil

Essex UK
667 Posts
Sign in to add your message