Welcome to our forums.

Things furry & feathered around the world

GDB1 wrote:

GDB1
15:34 30-Aug-19

Thank you @Cruzeroqueen1 ….. on my return to the forum I had hoped to engender some real interest in wildlife, but it has been less than before which is sad for me, as it is my passion. Thanks so much for your support as ever, I am going to sign off now…. but leaving you with my favourite animal, the Bengal Tiger, and my favourite one ever, the stunningly handsome Samrat… from Bandhavgarh National Park in India

I’m very sorry to hear that, @GDB1 – I wad delighted when you returned to the fold! However, I understand your
decision, sadly the Forum doesn’t generate the interest it used to. I try to do my bit to keep it going by accessing
it almost every day, and try to post on at least one thread. Samrat is magnificent, and the wolf definitely look as if
he is saying farewell. I wish you all the very best for the future with your travels and photographs. Adios, amigo!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

He is lovely and a perfect one to end with…

ESW
Lincolnshire

maybe one last one for you @ESW … with thanks……an Ethiopian Wolf just saying farewell before he walks off in to the sunset

That is sad news @GDB1 – you had brought a breathe of fresh life to the forum making me realise just how much I had missed your contributions. I can however understand your reasons for this…

Last Edited by ESW at 30 Aug 18:39
ESW
Lincolnshire

Thank you @Cruzeroqueen1 ….. on my return to the forum I had hoped to engender some real interest in wildlife, but it has been less than before which is sad for me, as it is my passion. Thanks so much for your support as ever, I am going to sign off now…. but leaving you with my favourite animal, the Bengal Tiger, and my favourite one ever, the stunningly handsome Samrat… from Bandhavgarh National Park in India

GDB1 wrote:

GDB1
14:24 30-Aug-19

Whilst on bee eaters…. here are two on my favourites… the Southern Carmine seen in Ethiopia and the beautiful Blue Tailed seen in Sri Lanka…..hope you enjoy them @Cruzeroqueen1

Thanks @GDB1 – really beautiful!

Whilst on bee eaters…. here are two on my favourites… the Southern Carmine seen in Ethiopia and the beautiful Blue Tailed seen in Sri Lanka…..hope you enjoy them @Cruzeroqueen1

GDB1 wrote:

GDB1
00:58 30-Aug-19

@ Cruzeroqueen1 ..I think your bee eater maybe a little like the chestnut headed one in Asia… or maybe one of these variations In India itself…maybe the second one ? … there are over 25 different sub species plus the variations within the same type, as these two…..don’t worry I don’t have photos of them all!!

Yes, @GDB1 – I think the second photo is more like ours, but I’ve never seen them really close!

@ Cruzeroqueen1 ..I think your bee eater maybe a little like the chestnut headed one in Asia… or maybe one of these variations In India itself…maybe the second one ? … there are over 25 different sub species plus the variations within the same type, as these two…..don’t worry I don’t have photos of them all!!

GDB1 wrote:

GDB1
19:25 27-Aug-19

yes @Cruzeroqueen1 … I think the European Roller tends to be all blue but very attractive. I think it’s the only roller to breed in Europe.
These are the common ones found in India….

Yes, @GDB1 they are all blue. And on the subject of owls, a Little Owl moved into the ‘home’ vacated by the absent Bee Eaters!

657 Posts
Sign in to add your message