Welcome to our forums.

The new look of P&O - Britannia

I have never cruised with P&O, for various reasons never been interested, but I have booked for Britannia. Saw what seemed to be a good offer on first day of sales for this ship and have got myself a single mid ship balcony cabin for their Maiden round British Isles cruise next July. They have the maiden cruise in March so by the time I go they should have sorted out any of the problems some ships suffer when first cruising

This ship has a number of single cabins in all categories which is a step forward. Still dearer than single price if two sharing a cabin but not nearly so expensive as the usual single supplements.

Bearing in mind you have never cruised with P&O before I look forward to your review to see how you rate the ship. Have a great time.

Last Edited by unknown at 21 May 08:02
London
I have never cruised with P&O, for various reasons never been interested, but I have booked for Britannia. Saw what seemed to be a good offer on first day of sales for this ship and have got myself a single mid ship balcony cabin for their Maiden round British Isles cruise next July. They have the maiden cruise in March so by the time I go they should have sorted out any of the problems some ships suffer when first cruising

This ship has a number of single cabins in all categories which is a step forward. Still dearer than single price if two sharing a cabin but not nearly so expensive as the usual single supplements.

I’m surprised that there were any single cabins left after the Peninsular Clubs early booking schedule.

Perhaps most of P&O’s regular single travellers are away on their world cruises: I know my neighbour is.

That’s good kaytee. Hopefully you’ll tell us all about it when you get back & we can get a first hand feel from someone who’s been on the Britannia.

Essex UK

Good for you kaytee, I’m sure you will enjoy it from all the photo’s and garb I’ve read about the ship..

We did an ‘Around Britain’ cruise a couple of years ago on P&O’s Arcadia and I think it was one of the best cruises we have done, fortunately the weather was brilliant for the whole of the cruise which added to the enjoyment as you might imagine….

Bedford

Last Edited by unknown at 21 May 07:07

Apart from the obvious lifeboats you can see in the O/P photo every ship has inflatable life raft canisters like the photo below, apart from the normal life raft or life boats that are to be used during emergency situations….

These canisters are secured on the ship’s deck or other locations from where it would be easy to deploy them in an emergency. Depending on size they are capable of carrying from 50 to 150 passengers…..

Bedford

Ah, there’ll be plenty of deck space on the top 3 decks, plus a promenade deck, where the lifeboats hang above you. There has to be more than ample lifeboats by SOLAS law, plus emergency life rafts etc. I’m not sure whether there’s open air space at the back- her 2 smaller sisters have an open air lido deck there.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Must say, to say that’s the current state of the art boat it doesn’t seem to offer much by way of deck space (or lifeboats) for over three and a half thousand people…is that the norm

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I wonder whether the soft furnishings are still designed and made by Skopas of Batley/ Dewsbury? I’m still using curtains of 2nds from their Earlsheaton mill, which should have been on the QE2 and Princess ships….

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

New YouTube video, an artists impression of the new ship Britannia….

]

Bedford
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message