The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

The highs and lows of gift 'experiences'

And a present I couldn’t handle for sure…..Well done tomtom….

Bedford

Now that is what I call a present!

ESW
Lincolnshire

My partner bought me a flying lesson in a Microlight with the Cornwall Flying Club, at Bodmin,Cornwall.Exciting,scary,jaw-dropping views;a fantastic experience!

Last Edited by unknown at 21 Jul 18:32

That sounds great Jane. I wonder how many of these gift experiences are enough of a taster for it to become a lifetimes passion or a hobby for people?

Essex UK

For my daughters 25th birthday last year we booked her a flying lesson down at Shoreham Sussex, we didn,t tell her it was a Bi-plane, however, she took the controls twice the dvd shows the biggest grin on her face from start to finish, however when she realised she had an official hours flying time , she decided to continue and is hoping for her PPL soon . They really are not cheap these experiences but I think as long as you know the person well enough if it,s a gift, then they are great and worth it to see someone thrilled

Oh heck, this was about twenty years ago – and they were in the Gloucester area – I’m sorry, I really can’t remember any more. I suspect they’ve gone out of business by now!!

Last Edited by unknown at 21 Jul 18:12

There are so many railways offering a driver experience. Has any one done this and are their any reviews about which is the best? Perhaps this is something Silver Travel might like to offer as a prize?

ESW
Lincolnshire

Nane them, name them, name them, name them.

Last Edited by unknown at 21 Jul 17:59
London

That’s not good enough Jo, I agree, lets name & shame.

Essex UK

That isn’t on Jo. Which railway was it – let’s name and shame as it isn’t a cheap experience. Sitting in the cab of a diesel just wouldn’t be the same.

ESW
Lincolnshire
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message