Welcome to our forums.

The Future of Cruising

Closed pools are such a bonus!

Sailed on Arcadia to Spitsbergen. Depending on the weather the pool cover was either closed, shut and sometimes half and half!

Last Edited by unknown at 24 Jan 13:16
Kent

That’s the thoughtlessness of the planners, David! Imagine thinking of a vast ship sailing 3 days across the BOB to the warmth- and 3 days back, of course, then planning an open air cinema oon top! Bonkers
If they could put a closed pool on Ventura, then why be different on the twin ship?
The mind boggles…..and what about the more massive one due in 2 years? Lay your bets now…..

Last Edited by unknown at 24 Jan 13:17
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

We were on Azura last year at the start of the Olympics, and while watching the opening ceremony on the outside screen we were all issued with blankets as it was so cold and windy, we gave up around 10 pm and went inside, we did last longer than a lot of folk who gave up long before we did.

Outside screens – great when your in warmer climates…….

Bedford
I’m another Ventura lover BUT my favourite things about her are going to be lost in her refit…… Ramblas, the Retreat becoming fee paying, the Exchange becoming smaller due to single cabins. I didn’t like Azura and feel Ventura is being made into Azura Mark 2.

All about profit, I’m afraid…..yes, we usually enjoy Ramblas each cruise, but we noticed the last time that there were very few people eating in there each night. It will be annoying if you have to pay for the adult only pool, with the wave machine!
The main drawback to Indy-and Azura- is the lack of an indoor pool. Why to the powers that be think that an outdoor, especially with movies unde the stars, is a good idea when leaving from Southampton?

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

I’m another Ventura lover BUT my favourite things about her are going to be lost in her refit…… Ramblas, the Retreat becoming fee paying, the Exchange becoming smaller due to single cabins. I didn’t like Azura and feel Ventura is being made into Azura Mark 2.

Kent
I think we’re going to try Independence next….it’s time we added another line to the 5 we’ve done! We should have had a back to back on Celebrity and Ventura last year, but G had his accident, so we had to cancel. Time for something new, methinks…..

That’s what we keep saying but the only ones that have fitted in with the school holidays and our other commitments in the last three years have been on P&O ships. Nearly got one on Cunard this year but unfortunately it returned a day to late for us.

We’ll keep on looking though – never give up as they say…..

Last Edited by unknown at 24 Jan 12:54
Bedford

I think we’re going to try Independence next….it’s time we added another line to the 5 we’ve done! We should have had a back to back on Celebrity and Ventura last year, but G had his accident, so we had to cancel. Time for something new, methinks…..

Last Edited by unknown at 24 Jan 12:43
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

And I have to add I’m happy with them as well. I cruised on Ventura in 2008 and had a most enjoyable cruise and that was in the school holidays, the thing is they have such great activities for all ages of children that there never appears to be that many around at any one time, and those were all reasonably behaved as well.

I certainly would have no hesitation in cruising again on a family friendly ship, in fact I will be cruising on Oceana at the end of March and that is in the school holidays too…….

Bedford

Glad you have had a good experience of Ventura Jo, unfortunately mine was the complete opposite. The first time we went on her it was an average cruise and the second was a nightmare. Both were outside the school holidays. Whilst I like Oriana and Aurora I will never go on Ventura again.

London

I’m very happy with the family friendly ships….but we don’t go in school holidays. We’re not into having extra special service, food or decor….we enjoy cruising mainly for the itinerary and the feeling of sailing at sea; we like to have lots of entertainment and activities on sea days. So far, our 39 days on the very family orientated Ventura have had no agro, lack of service, poor food etc. Never seen anyone drunk, or having a row; never seen all these out of control kids or teens that people wheel out as arguments now and again. Ventura had a poor Christmas cruise in her first year- around 4 or 5 years ago- when a load of young men got drunk- and people have never forgotten it. The more sedate cruises we’ve had are certainly not for us; our top cruise would be a mixture of Ventura and NCL!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message