Welcome to our forums.

The first Christmas tree has appeared...

Well a few coffer/ Christmas mornings have appeared in the diary, and the usual being a cake and mince pies to raise funds, I also have numerous carol services and lights switch on’s to attend, I do love a good carol service!
It will be my Granddaughter’s first Christmas which makes it special as all the other grand children have flown the nest.
Christmas shopping is a bit hit and miss at the moment, not really ready or enthusiastic to tackle it. although I did recive a £10 Marks and Spencer g/v from Silver travel for my review on the QV which is much appreciated.CG

These days I just put in a massive order to the Book People- which I did 2 weeks ago, and, unusually, they haven’t appeared yet. Perhaps it’s like the stove pipe we’ve ordered for the new wood burner, and which the delivery firm has returned to the firm twice, saying that our address doesn’t exist…..3rd time lucky on Monday, we hope!

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 12:27
Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

I must confess I’ve aready done mine – I found most of the gifts on holiday in France earlier this year. I Hate going Christmas shopping.

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 12:25
ESW
Lincolnshire

Not yet but have met someone who began their Xmas shopping today … ( can we have a puking emoticon please) ?

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 12:08
Wakefield, West Yorks.
I have to admit that we had our Christmas coffee morning for the little church yesterday….we like to get on with it before everybody else starts!

That’s different, and is allowed. What a lovely idea to have a social gathering for the community to enjoy.
It isn’t commercial, money grabbing oportunism!

ESW
Lincolnshire

I have to admit that we had our Christmas coffee morning for the little church yesterday….we like to get on with it before everybody else starts!

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

My youngest daughter is Christmas Mad. I keep telling her it’s a 2 day event. Sooner it’s over the sooner we get back to nomality.

London

Asda has had a large father Christmas on show for fortnight now, the checkouts are all decorated and there is a large tree in the foyer. CG

Mince pies and Christmas puddings are on sale in our local Co-op I noticed today along with Christmas crackers, decorations and mulled wine – not spotted a tree yet but plenty of tree lights.

Roll on January the 2nd I say.

Although I do enjoy all the grandchildren over the Christmas period….

Bedford

I received the usual mouth and foot painted cards yesterday……

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message