Welcome to our forums.

The fine art of forumming

posterconspiringtobeknownasblack wrote:

does anyone else get irritated by this kind of misinformation?

This website is under heavy load
We’re sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We’re working on this problem. Please try again later.
the notice should read (if sticking to the truth) something like:
this website is undergoing back-up procedures (or whatever) and will be available for use again soon/within about an hour.

I’m not sure I have ever seen that on any ‘forum’ that I have contributed to however, I regularly meet a similar line when, on the days Chelsea FC tickets go on sale, it says " The website is extremely busy and you have been placed in a queue"

I fully accept that but, as a precaution, I flash up a second device (iPhone or iPad) to widen my chances.

These things do happen: but not on UK forums.

does anyone else get irritated by this kind of misinformation?

This website is under heavy load
We’re sorry, too many people are accessing this website at the same time. We’re working on this problem. Please try again later.

the notice should read (if sticking to the truth) something like:
this website is undergoing back-up procedures (or whatever) and will be available for use again soon/within about an hour.

pink wrote:

one of the great things about this forum, and the reviews, is that it seems you don’t have to be an expert to get started. but since i began i’ve mastered putting photos onto reviews (and adding them in later) as well as onto forum posts. i’ve also changed my avatar photo a couple of times now.
so may i give a word of encouragement to anyone “out there”, waiting in the wings, reticent to get started ~ please just have a go at something simple and let expertise creep up on you slowly.

I couldn’t agree more Pink.

The addition of photographs certainly enhances one’s comments and, with the ease in which this particular forum makes the process, I can’t believe there aren’t more to see.

A picture is worth a thousand words.

(Taken at Wadi Rum, Jordan)

Last Edited by Solent_Richard at 22 Feb 11:05

..just thought…‘the bottomless pit’…. from me might have been quite unintentionally insensitive…. my apologies @pink

…ditto from me @pink @JoCarroll

pink wrote:

okay, i shall clarify about the avatar
and slightly mis-quote someone
“i’m just turning out the lights as i leave”

Please don’t go – you raise such interesting topics. I would miss you!

okay, i shall clarify about the avatar
and slightly mis-quote someone
“i’m just turning out the lights as i leave”

GDB1 wrote:

the bottomless pit ?

definitely not @gdb1 ~ more like digging myself out of the one i began making for myself on this site a couple of years back!

Is it because you’re going to do more of your posts after dark?

Essex UK

ok @pink, you have me guessing.

London
122 Posts
Sign in to add your message