Welcome to our forums.

Thailand on a Budget

Hi Ubrus! perfectly said everyone has their own status or repo to stay in hotels. Package cost could be 50k INR and 2Lac INR it depend from which category belongs to.

Mumbai

Budgets are notoriously difficult to do, because everybody has different standards and expectations.
You will not get many places cheaper than Thailand however, but what you will put up with is down to you.

i visit Thailand before 6 month very beautiful country and the food of Thailand i love have amazing taste very cheap and amazing trip with my family

USA

HMJ wrote:

@Solent_Richard – we’ve just returned from two months in Thailand and I love the food. One of my favourite dishes is a green papaya salad with lots of chilli, but I’ve found it hard to find green papaya at home.

Good morning again HMJ

That’s quite amazing. Did you tour around or stay in one place?

We return in less than 12 months and to somewhere that I have not visited previously – Chiang Rai.

It’s the starting point for our Laos Mekong River cruise and I have just this week booked the flights (Pandaw river cruise was booked ‘cruise only’)

While I don’t expect to have too much seafood in Chiang Rai we can always fall back on the staples…

Thai Red Curry

Thai Green Curry

and Pork Noodle Soup

HMJ wrote:

@Solent_Richard – we’ve just returned from two months in Thailand and I love the food. One of my favourite dishes is a green papaya salad with lots of chilli, but I’ve found it hard to find green papaya at home.

Good morning @HMJ

Glad to see there are other like minded travellers on here.

Ah, the Green Papaya Salad – a real scorcher…

I must admit we have never managed to procure that papaya variety over here either.

Both my wife and I have a love for Thai cuisine.

Are there any other members who enjoy this particular Asian style of cooking?

Another good service at the Samui Buri hotel was that they laid on a complimentary early evening shuttle bus service to the nearest large town, Bophut.

A feature of Bophut was its Fisherman’s Village…

On Monday and Friday evenings the Fisherman’s Village hosted one of the island’s largest night markets…

selling everything and everything with a big emphasis on food…

…and entertainment…

There were also plenty of bars, restaurants and all kinds of shops in this popular tourist area and we did the trip twice: as budget travellers we were keen to make use of the many opticians that operate there at exceedingly good prices…

Not too dissimilar and another joy for the ‘Budget’ traveller in Thailand is the plethora of cheap Thai restaurants that also seem to spring up within walking distance of the hotels.

While mainly selling traditional Thai food…

…many also offer European staples.

There must have been a dozen or so such restaurants, all within 15 minutes walking distance and during our stay we gave nine a try. Here are some of those we tried…

The Luna Hut

This was the one that we eventually went back to for our final dinner.

Sabai Sabai

Sunshine Gourmet

…and the venue that won our best quality and setting award…

John’s Garden Restaurant

Our stay at the Samui Buri covered Chinese New Year and the hotel is to be complimented on its efforts to decorate the waterfront area…

We made a reservation for the restaurant that evening and were delighted to be offered a waterfront table…

…which gave us a great view of the beach ‘Fire Show’…

Altogether a fabulous evening…

Gong hei fat choy

13 Posts
Sign in to add your message