Welcome to our forums.

Subterranean Travel

I suppose it could also be the other way round where all shops and walkways are underground thus protecting you from the weather. It works at Canary Wharf.

Toronto has a great underground shop & walkway system.

Essex UK

Well I knew about those , my proposal being that surely it could be a national network for all…such an incredible invention in its time which seemed to then stop short of itself. Bit like the Apollo Moon landings.
Yes you can talk about expense. Yes you can talk about cost. But yes you can talk about increasing petrol fumes and traffic congestion.

Wakefield, West Yorks.
Also why has only London got the Underground – why not all the UK ?

What about the Glasgow subway, the third-oldest underground metro system in the world after the London Underground and the Budapest Metro?

Parts of the Newcastle metro also run under the centre of Newcastle and Gateshead…

ESW
Lincolnshire

If everyone else wants to run around underground – good luck to you. I’ll stay in the air! (I’ve done a parachute jump and it was wonderful. But potholes give me a fit of the vapours!)

I suppose it could also be the other way round where all shops and walkways are underground thus protecting you from the weather. It works at Canary Wharf.

London

I think its coming GW. I read an article about an arabian experimental town where all routes into the town were underground & leading to underground routes or parking. That way the entire town could be pedestrianised & pollution free.

Last Edited by unknown at 29 Apr 07:09
Essex UK

With an expanding population and traffic congestion never imagined over and above all surfaces of our planet have we as yet to exploit the subterranean possibilities of travel far more than we have ? Having already made inroads ( pardon the pun – no more required) via the Chunnel and the new Bosphorous railway pointed out by Eleanor are we to face a new century of subaquatic railway networks across the planet ? Also why has only London got the Underground – why not all the UK ?

Subterranean travel and tourism could in time become the new vista of discovery via Pot Holes, Mines and a whole myriad of destinations of historical and archaeological interest from John O’Groats to Land’s End. Mile upon mile of unchartered subterrain as yet to be discovered and explored, are Silver Travellers still the dark on this one ?

Last Edited by unknown at 29 Apr 02:48
Wakefield, West Yorks.
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one