Welcome to our forums.

Solo travel on a budget

@Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Excellent advice, Steve

Thanks Gill

@xkathx wrote:

and have never been on a solo holiday

How are you getting on with your holiday search Kath? I’d be interested to know your current thoughts or if we can be of further assistance.

Essex UK

I would also mention Warners at Cricket St.Thomas. Ideal for the solo traveller, certainly a very friendly crowd when I was there and some had been coming year after year.
https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/review/accommodation/150329-review-cricket-st-thomas-hotel

London

coolonespa wrote:

Once you’ve chosen something of interest I would encourage you to discuss, in detail, with the provider that your individual needs can be met prior to booking.
75945 81817
coolonespa
Essex UK

Excellent advice, Steve

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Welcome @xkathx to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Where’s best to go largely depends on your tastes & what you’re interested in but here’s a couple of suggestions.

We have a page on Accessible Holidays here: https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/accessible-and-care-assisted-days-out-and-holidays/accessible-holidays

I’ve been to a couple of Warners leisure hotels & they seem to be well adapted for travellers with mobility issues, here’s a review I wrote on Studley Castle

https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/blog/boutique-country-house-spa-and-luxury-hotels/studley-castle-hotel-warner-leisure-hotels?ct=Adventures%20With%20Steve%20Aldridge

Once you’ve chosen something of interest I would encourage you to discuss, in detail, with the provider that your individual needs can be met prior to booking.

Essex UK

I have to use a mobility scooter to get around and have never been on a solo holiday, I’m a 74yro Lady, Can anyone give me an idea of the best places to go to on holiday in the UK, please. Thank you…..Kath

solo holidays for people with mobilit...

WendyEades

WendyEades
I spent 5 days in Romania last May, quite cheap and very good weather. I flew Wizzair to Constanta from Luton, not convenient for me, but maybe better for you in Coventry. If your Romanian geography is not up to scratch, Constanta is on the Black Sea coast, Bucharest might suit you better perhaps. Of course it has its drawbacks, Romania I found quite noisy, dogs and people, and getting to and from the airport is not cheap if you miss the last bus, as I did!
I think its worth a look.
David

Look forward to hearing how you get on @Fitz

London

Walking south to North Wales in 21 stages( The CambrianWay) done up to stage 7 and as I live in South Wales it’s been easy to go to and get home , but the further along I get when I start again this spring(and as I work weekends , so can only walk in the week) am worried about having to stay places, and I don’t drive to these places ether

Welcome @Jules123 to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Have a look at the special offers tab above, there may be something there of interest to you. Alternatively use the Find a holiday tab beside it.

Good luck.

Essex UK
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message