Welcome to our forums.

Travelling solo

I second the recommendation from .@yorkshirecat re. The Man in Seat 61. Mark’s site has been an invaluable source of help over the last five or six years. Have been all the way up to various parts of the Arctic Circle / Lapland using it twice whilst travelling solo and never plan a holiday without using it. Am back off again next March using yet another route (and recommended hotels) to get there! Alas, I cannot help with the question regarding the Glacier or Bernini Express. Sorry!

Last Edited by the4ts at 09 Dec 18:38

Good advice @BillyB1

London

Never be frightened to travel alone everybody is friendly and you can intergrate as little or much as you want !

Margate

Hi @BillyB1 very few if any river cruise lines include gratuities. The Danube is a great place to cruise, I arrived home from doing this 2 weeks ago.

London

From the Travel Village (Blackpool) they informed me of a singles cruise down the Danube and said they would keep me updated about any further single holidays. The Danube river cruise was with Riviera and was really great. Only thing I personally don’t get is the tipping method as I would prefer it being included in the package and you can still tip any good service if you want too ! ! !

Margate

Hello Madeline.
Are you planning to visit three countries over the one trip or you need some suggestions to choose from?

Madeline – this itinerary from Railbookers takes the Glacier Express to Chur in Switzerland where travellers then board the Bernini Express to Tirana via St Moritz. It looks like a wonderful journey! https://www.railbookers.co.uk/holiday/classic-glacier-and-bernina-express/

The Man in Seat 61 is also a good source of information for rail travel. He includes the timetables here and advice on hotels for overnight stays :https://www.seat61.com/GlacierExpress.htm

I am going inter railing in March on my own any ideas
I was thinking of Austria Switzerland Italy
Do the glacier express and Bernini express meet at any station

8 Posts
Sign in to add your message