Welcome to our forums.

Single travellers

Welcome @Take100lines to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

I’m glad the trip to Romania was a success and I agree that sometimes " the research is just as much enjoyment as the holiday".

Essex UK

Sounds like a great way to do it @Take100lines and welcome to the forum.

London

I’m in the unfortunate position of having no suitable friends or family to travel with, I visited Romania a couple of months ago, solo, and made all the arrangements as JoCarroll suggested, in fact, the research is just as much enjoyment as the holiday, sometimes more. It was only 4 nights, but that is as long as I have been away for at one go, on my own. I find solo travel hard work. The way I do it is to book the flights first, based on how much I want to pay and time away, then just fill in days in between at the hotel (s) of my choice.
I hope this helps,
dp

Welcome, @Markyn – the alternative is to do all the work yourself – the flights, the hotels, the transfers, everything. That way you get to do what you want to do – you might have to shop around to find single rooms in hotels (big resorts rarely have them), and maybe use local transport – but it’s possible. Scary, maybe, the first time – but then it become an adventure.

Welcome @Markyn to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

Try the “Find a holiday” tab at the top of the page and then select the single holiday option. This will take you to our partners that offer Solo holidays. Also keep an eye out for our newsletters which often point out cruises or other travel options not charging a single supplement.

Essex UK

Any recommendations of tour groups that don’t charge a single supplement?

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message