Welcome to our forums.

Van Long - a vietnamese student local travel lover shares useful information

Lovely pictures, did you take these? Thank you for sharing. I’ll recommend it to friends who might be visiting Vietnam soon.

Van Long is obviously beautiful place in Ninh Binh. If you have a plan to go to Vietnam, don’t miss Van Long – Ninh Binh.

Thank you so much for this @phamthuha2311, very interesting and informative with beautiful
photos. And I am in awe of your command of the English language!

Welcome to the Forum!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

My name is Ha. I am a Vietnamese student. I love traveling a lot. My friend from other countries like America, Canada, Korean, Singapore often ask me where to go, what to eat, bla bla, when they visit Vietnam.

I decided to write several post about Vietnam to help you guys have overview information and make a wise choice.

The first destination I really want to share you is Van Long Natural Reserve – The first destination makes me drop my jaw.

Van Long Ninh Binh overview

Pristine beauty also remain clearly Van Long reserve, which has attracted tourists to see its diverse natural ecosystem . Following the small leaf boat, you are surrounded by a vast swamp of water, birds, and limestone mountains, a poetic natural landscape that makes anyone fall in love

Located about 80 km from Hanoi, Van Long is the largest wetland nature reserve in the Northern Delta. The reserve is located in the northeast of Gia Vien district, Ninh Binh province. Dam Van Long has an extremely rich and unique ecosystem. This place is home to many flora and fauna.

Van Long is an area with a high biodiversity, a limestone ecosystem that is home to the largest population of white-shanked douc in Vietnam with about 100 individuals. Van Long wetland is a diverse ecosystem area. In addition to the two major ecosystems that are wetlands and limestone forests, there are also field ecosystems, lawns, fields. The flora and fauna of Van Long are typical of the limestone and wetland ecosystems of the Red River Delta

Besides, the values of flora and fauna, Van Long is also bestowned of beautiful nature where is regarded as beautiful water landscape paintings. Sitting on an old bamboo boat with friends going through the ravines tall grass patches. The idyllic landscape makes each person feel relaxed and peaceful.

What is the best time to go to Van Long?
The best time to visit Van Long is early morning or late afternoon, it takes about 1.5 – 2 hours to move and explore the place. If coming to Van Long Dam in the afternoon, it will be very suitable, you have the opportunity to admire a lot of different kinds of birds flying and see the white-footed langurs

Fares to visit Van Long nature reserv

Price ticket for adult: 75,000 VND
Price ticket for children 50,000 VND

How to get to Van Long from Hano

Train: Hanoi – Ninh Binh train fare ranges from 90,000 – over 200,000 VND depending on the train and seat type.
Passenger cars: You can catch a car from Giap Bat or My Dinh bus station to Ninh Binh with the price ranging from 50,000 VND – 60,000 VND / person. The average time is about 1:30 minutes.
Motorbike: If you like the feeling of driving by motorbike, you can start at Phap Van – Cau Gie highway and continue to follow the direction of Cau Gie – Phu Ly – Ninh Binh with the travel time from 1h – 1h30 ′.

Last Edited by phamthuha2311 at 25 Jul 17:22
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message