Welcome to our forums.

Travelling with a stranger?

It’s possible, depends on your personality type. If you like talking to other (you are an extrovert), you might find the stranger’s company pretty satisfying. While I’m pretty sure other people (introverts) will not get along with a stranger.

HMJ wrote:

J
15:08 04-Jul-19

@Cruzeroqueen1, either you’ve been very lucky, or you’re just such a lovely person who gets on with everyone! I suspect the latter.

Awww, thank you @HMJ – I can only hope that you are an excellent judge of character!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

@Cruzeroqueen1, either you’ve been very lucky, or you’re just such a lovely person who gets on with everyone! I suspect the latter.

@Cruzeroqueen1 Ha, I suppose you’re right! We’ll see.

TedKngt wrote:

TedKngt
18:56 28-Jun-19

Had more guts to do this when I was way younger. Not sure I would have the courage to do it now.

As in every new situation, Ted, taking the first step is the most difficult!

Had more guts to do this when I was way younger. Not sure I would have the courage to do it now.

Thanks for sharing your experiences on this Gill. Definitely seems sensible the way you approached this, to correspond and meet prior to going on a cruise.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
07:14 01-May-19

@timthetraveler wrote:

I recommend this.

Is this something you recommend from personal experience?

Actually, I can recommend this from personal experience – three times. The first was when I ‘advertised’ on a Cruise Forum Site. A lady responded and we have done 4 cruises together, with hopefully more to come. Some two years later (!) another lady replied to that advertisement. She lives in England but has a holiday home in Spain, so we first corresponded then met up mid-distance when she was over here. Again, that worked out well, and we have since done 3 cruises together with another one booked for Nov. The third instance was when a friend over here said she had a friend back in UK who would like to cruise. We corresponded via email for some time, then agreed
to give it a go. That also worked out well and we enjoyed 3 cruises together before she had to ‘quit’ as her husband developed serious health issues. In all of these cases we each stated what we were expecting, laid down certain ‘rules’ (commonsense about respecting each other’s time and space, basically). Therefore, I think that with
respect, consideration. and the ability to ‘give and take’, etc., it is a viable solution to the extortionate Single Supplement problem.

@timthetraveler wrote:

I recommend this.

Is this something you recommend from personal experience?

Essex UK

I recommend this.

It’s a good way to find a friend, also, it’s a great way to pick somebodies brain if they’re really good at something.

Tips: have money to spend, keep the itinerary 50/50, seek alone time when possible.

23 Posts
Sign in to add your message