Welcome to our forums.

Travelling with your dog

coolonespa wrote:

Dream Dog Beds

I noticed on Twitter yesterday that Ben Fogle was promoting this bed. Must be the new “in” thing for dogs.

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

I stayed at The Manor Country House Hotel recently that boasted specific rooms in the Coach House that come complete with Dream Dog Beds, access to the 4PAWS A La Carte menu and a dog sitting service.

Sounds wonderful (say the dogs- “when can we go”?)

Scotland

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
09:51 17-Sep-19

I stayed at The Manor Country House Hotel recently that boasted specific rooms in the Coach House that come complete with Dream Dog Beds, access to the 4PAWS A La Carte menu and a dog sitting service.

Good to know some places do offer this service.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Essex UK

The best friend of the man. Nothing much to say. Traveling with your dog should be incredible experience

@Cruzeroqueen1 Agreed. These dogs deserve more than being used as tools for likes and praises on the Internet.

TedKngt wrote:

TedKngt
18:48 28-Jun-19

@Cruzeroqueen1 Vanity could also explain why people choose to shop for certain breeds rather than adopt. So many dogs in need of a home though…

Oh, yes, @TedKngt I think vanity is the definitive reason. And I’m going to stick my neck out here and posit the suggestion that maybe someone who is so shallow doesn’t deserve ’Man’s Best Friend’!

@Cruzeroqueen1 Vanity could also explain why people choose to shop for certain breeds rather than adopt. So many dogs in need of a home though…

They are usually much heallthier as well, @Luna – with no ‘bred-in’ defects. I was astounded
at a picture of a bulldog from a couple of hundred years ago, absolutely no resemblance
whatsoever to the current ones – had a normal long nose. And while I’m on the subject, I
hate the practice of dogs’ tails!

I do agree with everything you say Cruzeriqueen1. Our local dogs home is excellent if you want a Staffie or Staffordshire cross, which are not to everyone’s liking. These recent breeds are not pedigree but sell for ridiculous amounts of money. They all seem to have a good temperament and are affectionate and bright, their coats are ideal if anyone has an allergy because of the poodle in them, plus they are beautiful. A mongrel can make the most wonderful companion, I had a corgi cross and you couldn’t have a better dog, so apart from, if the mood took, he would snap at heels, which didn’t go down too well, no amount of training ever cured him, you just had to be quick on the occasions he decided to round you up.

Sutton coldfield
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message