Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Swap Shop Anyone ?

@Grey-Wolf wrote:

…don’t all shout at once…

The idea is sound, just a shame in this case nobody within striking distance of Cheltenham is interested. Perhaps you could try one of the other recycling sites like freecycle or gumtree rather than them go to waste.

Essex UK

I think your “problem” is advertising.
You need to find someone living/visiting the Cheltenham area, but are limiting yourself to someone interested in a swap shop.
Maybe a new thread entitled something like, “Do you live in or near CHELTENHAM?” would get a better result?
Good Luck

A little surprised that no one took up your offer @Grey-Wolf

London

…don’t all shout at once…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I’ve won a competition ! Yay ! Except I can’t use the prize. I have won two tickets for an event at Cheltenham Lit Fest for a talk entitled “The Korean Peninsula: Peace at Last” by an author promoting their new book on Saturday 6th October 2018 at 10.30am ( tiered seating). I can’t get down to Cheltenham that weekend, so if any Silver Traveller is interested let me know and I’ll post them out. First come first (free) served.

http://www.cheltenhamfestivals.com

Last Edited by Grey-Wolf at 26 Sep 13:26
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Well basically you just put up your offers or your wants on the Swap Shop thread with or without a price and a contact point , so members could then email each other privately and arrange pick-up/delivery/payment methods.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

The idea is worth exploring. My question is, how would you do it?

London

At one of my previous employers, the days passed by much more interestingly with a Staff Swap Shop which management made available on our internal staff internet. It was quite a large organisation and therefore most days something new would appear – either somebody seeking to sell or buy particular items, swap it, or merely give it away as an unwanted item as they’d just got a new one.

Almost anything and everything from books, pets, garden furniture, to Ipads, camcorders, cars, bedding, cookware, ornaments… like an Ebay but much cheaper or in many cases totally free.

What do Administration & Silver Travellers think ? Any good on here ?

Wakefield, West Yorks.
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message