Welcome to our forums.

Safari holiday

Welcome @Annaroccova to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum.

I’m not completely sure about why you were dissatisfied with them, was the service poor, in what way? You say sand, heat and sun, but what else were you expecting from a desert safari? Sorry, just a little confused here, please clarify.

Essex UK

Resting in Dubai, I was offered to go to desert safari dubai I was extremely unsatisfied! Around one sand, heat, sun. The only thing I liked was the evening show program, dancing and refreshments.

@Mr.H wrote:

Whales

Just wanted to add an additional point about the whales. Frequent sightings of whales are only found at certain times of the year, so if this is an important part of your trip you may have to select a time during “whale season”.

Essex UK

Good suggestion @Endy

London

Hi @Mr.H
I’m slightly surprised that no one seems to have directed you to this review
it really is worth a look for the safari part of your planning of your rather marvellous and enviable upcoming trip.
@GDB1 is “our” excellent photographer on the wild, wild and more wild animals thread; just in case you need any inspiration, lol.

Sorry, @Fossil – note to self … must try harder!

JoCarroll wrote:

Personally, I simply wouldn’t take the risk

You’re quite right about not taking any undue risks Jo but the parks to the South of South Africa (when I was in country earlier in the year) are malaria free. Always worth checking with your doctor on the latest position. Some would also say that the parks in the south are not “the real bush”. Its down to personal choice.

Essex UK

Hi @JoCarroll thanks for the mention but I think it should be @coolonespa

London

These are great tour advice from @Fossil – malaria is endemic all over Africa, and it comes in waves and pockets, more virulent in some seasons than others. Personally, I simply wouldn’t take the risk – I found far fewer side effects from malarone if I took it with my breakfast. Then plenty of deet in the evenIngs, sleep under a net – tedious, I know, but malaria isn’t worth the risk.

(Or go somewhere like Sri Lanka, which has national parks and no malaria).

12 Posts
Sign in to add your message