Welcome to our forums.

Royal Princess ship to star in new TV documentary series

I’ll be watching in the name of research into future cruise options and itinerary. It’s interesting to have a sneaky look at the ship and ports of call but I agree the last series did portray a rather stereotypical picture of cruising.

Bournemouth

Me too Barrowman. I like to watch anything about cruise ships.

Wigan

I watched one episode of the first series and decided it gave cruising – as I know it – a bad name, so didn’t watch the rest – so won’t watch this, either.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Fossil wrote:

Fossil 15:18 10-Jul-16 #02
Will keep a close eye on the channel and dates of this…….. so I can give it a miss.

I’ll be watching it, I like any programmes that involve any type of shipping, cruise or otherwise….

Bedford

Will keep a close eye on the channel and dates of this…….. so I can give it a miss.

London

A Princess Cruises ship is to be the centerpiece of another TV documentary series.

Royal Princess – christened in Southampton in 2013 by the Duchess of Cambridge – will feature in a six-part series being filmed for broadcast on ITV early next year.

Sister ship Regal Princess hosted the first series of The Cruise last year, while Royal Princess was also used for a similar series, The Cruise Ship, in 2014.

While Princess claim the series have been successful in promoting cruise holidays to travellers who have never set foot on a ship, some of the company’s competitors fear the programmes reinforce many of the stereotypes that put people off cruising.

A production team will be on board Royal Princess, which carries 3,560 passengers and 1,400 crew, for three Mediterranean voyages during the next few weeks…..

Bedford
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message