Welcome to our forums.

Review of Hurtigruten Norwegian Coastal Voyage

It was, especially if you were standing on the bridge wings heading into the wind…

ESW
Lincolnshire

Definitely atmospheric. Looks cold enough to freeze them off of a brass monkey.

Essex UK

Try this one for ‘atmospheric’ Steve. Taken at the beginning of March.

ESW
Lincolnshire

The way the cloud sits above the ship makes that a quite atmospheric photo….nice.

Last Edited by unknown at 13 Mar 05:45
Essex UK

We saw you (Kong Harald) several times during your cruise- here we joined you in Tromsø in the sunshine.

Kong Harald in Tromsø

Last Edited by unknown at 13 Mar 05:42
Scotland

I’ve only just found your review and have enjoyed reading it. It has brought back many memories. Food is excellent and you really do wonder about those that manage to find something to complain about. Staff are brilliant and the casual relaxed atmosphere helps make the voyage.

If you want to spend longer at Ålesund then you need to go during the winter months when the boats don’t do the detour up the Geiranger Fjord. Ålesund is worth spending time in if possible and the 30-40minutes in the summer schedules isn’t enough. The boats also leave Bergan later in the winter, so you can watch them depart before heading to bed.

It sounds as if the weather was calm for you, another bonus. Although most of the trip is in sheltered waters, the long stretch through the Barents Sea around the top of Norway is very exposed and can get VERY rough.

I’ve just seen this photo competion to win a free trip on Hurtegruten:
http://my.brandgate.no/hrphoto/en/prizes.jsp
and send in your pictures here:
http://my.brandgate.no/hrphoto/en/index.jsp

Good luck!

ESW
Lincolnshire

An excellent read Ginny May, sounds like you had a great time in spite of all the irritations – you may soon be doing another cruise now you’ve started….

Bedford

Very enjoyable review Ginny May, thanks.

Essex UK

Hi Ginny May,
Brilliant review. Made me envious just reading it. Well done.
If you go to the main site and the sign in page where it says ‘Have you forgotten your password?’ there is a button you can press for a reminder. Hope that helps.

London

Wow! That was a fantastic insight to Hurtigruten. I must admit I have always been curious.
Very interesting review. Thank you very much.

Last Edited by unknown at 12 Mar 23:13
Bexhill on Sea, East Sussex
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message