Welcome to our forums.

Germany to displace UK in cruise market

Where about in Portugal @lancschris

London

My next trip is hopefully to Portugal never been there before

Lancaster

@suehutch there is also Costa Cruises who have two ships cruising to Rio at the end of the summer season, the Favolosa and the Fascinosa. My suggestion would to be get in touch with a reputable cruise agent such as Bolsover Cruise Club and get one of their sales persons to sort out all companies that are doing repositioning cruises to Rio so that you have the best choice.
I did the trip with Royal Caribbean in Nov/Dec 2015 and it was memorable for all the right reasons.

London

@suehutch If you are referring to Brazil then as cruzeroqueen mentioned, an inexpensive way to do this is on an MSC Cruises re-positioning cruise. They have ships going across at the end of the season here, around October/November, then coming back March/April. It’s usually around a 16 day trip. You sail one way and fly the other.

The ships usually sail from or to their home port of Genoa but MSC will arrange UK flights and will also arrange a few extra days in Brazil with hotels and transfers so you can get the whole package from them. However, these trips are very popular and booked up well in advance as there are only a few each year.

Just need to bear in mind that flights between Heathrow and Genoa go from T3 but Brazil flights are from T5. Also sometimes MSC uses Gatwick for the Genoa flights (to Nice then by road) so need to be flexible about getting to and from the airport.

would love to see all the major attractions and enjoy the sunshine

Wow, according to the website, this thread has had over 250,000 views!

Not only are the Germans after the sun beds, they want to take over the Forum

Amazing…. beautiful scenery…x

lindat4683 wrote:

lindat4683
21:53 29-Aug-16

I would love to visit Christ the redeemer in Brazil my father talked about it just before he died he said it was just magnificent

Hi @lindat4683,

I have visted it three times, and never tire of it – it IS magnificent. A comparatively cheap way to see it, is as part of a repositioning cruise from Italy to Brazil, which often has a 3 day stay in Rio tagged on at the end.

Cheers, Gill

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

I would love to visit Christ the redeemer in Brazil my father talked about it just before he died he said it was just magnificent

Welcome @Ali to our Silver Travel Forum – we hope that you enjoy being part of our friendly group of Silver Travellers. Please feel free to contact one of the moderators if you have any queries about using the Forum

Essex UK
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message