Welcome to our forums.

Reasonably priced ever cruises

At certain times of the year, Riviera Travel does not charge extra for single occupancy, just in case there are single travellers wishing to try a river cruise.

@Flowerpowerlife @OldGuysRule The initial cost of river cruising at first sight does seem high to many but a number of them include such things as excursions, wine with dinner etc. River cruising is currently the fastest growing segment of the cruise industry and like many other things in life it is all about what the market will stand. If people are prepared to pay it, they will charge it. Have a look at Croisi Europe https://www.croisieurope.co.uk some of their prices are excellent.

London

Just so that I know what to keep an eye out for @OldGuysRule what would you consider a reasonable price? A £nnnn for xx days sort of thing would be helpful as things come to our attention. Also, would you be travelling alone or would there be 2 sharing the cabin?

Essex UK

I would love to try a river cruise, but the prices seem to be out of reach for me.

OldGuysRule wrote:

Does anyone has any experience of more budget river cruises?

We did our first river cruise last year with Riviera Travel on the Emily Bronte. They have a fleet of new ships and their prices are very competitive.

OldGuysRule wrote:

Watching the Jane McDonald programmes has given us the idea to try a European river cruise, but on searching for options, the rprices seem really high – £1700 plus for the warmer months. A November river cruise does not appeal! Does anyone has any experience of more budget river cruises? Any advice for first time river cruisers? Thanks

Good morning @OldGuysRule

How is your research going?

Since my earlier response I have another river cruise booked, this time along the Upper Mekong through Laos…

OldGuysRule wrote:

Watching the Jane McDonald programmes has given us the idea to try a European river cruise, but on searching for options, the rprices seem really high – £1700 plus for the warmer months. A November river cruise does not appeal! Does anyone has any experience of more budget river cruises? Any advice for first time river cruisers? Thanks

There are a number of European river cruise lines that offer a ‘budget’ deal but why anyone would want to sail with them beats me.

For instance there is a German line called Phoenix Reisen and a French one called CroisiEurope.

The latter are often chartered by Saga and I understand that those passengers who book direct with the company, as opposed to with Saga, feel they have an inferior experience onboard.

You get what you pay for.

River cruises @OldGuysRule seem expensive at first sight but it has to remembered that most include tours which are optional on ocean cruise and many include wine with meals.

London

Cumbria
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message