Welcome to our forums.

Quick insurance question

Thanks for the tip, Fossil – I don’t do cruising, but if I ever do I’ll try to remember them!

Last Edited by unknown at 03 Sep 11:19

For the last 10 years I have been with Waltham Travel. I try to beat them every year but have failed. I claimed off them 2 years ago and the claim was dealt with quickly and efficiently, you can ask no more than that. They also cover cruising and medical evacuation from ships which not all insurance companies cover unless you request it and then pay extra.

Last Edited by unknown at 03 Sep 11:06
London

I’ve found Staysure very helpful when I’ve called them for advice or have had a question….

I can’t fault the young man I spoke to – he was more than polite – he seemed genuinely interested in me and my travelling plans (he might have been pretending – but he did it well) and he knew his insurance stuff. So I feel really confident with them (as well as the price being reasonable).

Last Edited by unknown at 03 Sep 11:08
Staysure it is – they were really helpful on the phone, and I’ve annual insurance, worldwide, for less than £100, even though I have a cholesterol issue.

I’m pleased you got sorted out and at a reasonable price too Jo. I’ve found Staysure very helpful when I’ve called them for advice or have had a question….

Bedford

Sounds like a good result Jo.

Essex UK

Staysure it is – they were really helpful on the phone, and I’ve annual insurance, worldwide, for less than £100, even though I have a cholesterol issue.

We also use Staysure because of medical and age issues…so far they’ve been quite good.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Many thanks – will trawl moneysupermarket and check out Staysure. I’m 65 while I’m away (I’ll be in Melaka – there are worse places to celebrate a birthday) bu am sure they can cope with that. And if they can’t I’ll beat a retreat, but I don’t suppose they’d manage a claim to efficiently either.

Thanks for all the advice.

Best to use the comparison sites like moneysupermarket and compare the market (might get a Meerkat toy!). I think moneysupermarket is better for cruises but do check. Our last annual policy for two, world-wide including USA and including cruise cost just over £100 but there were cheaper ones with lower cover.

Hi Jo, I’m with Staysure this year after my bank discontinued my policy due to my age.

It’s certainly worth giving them a try, we always get annual insurance and for the two of us it worked out at around £126 and we got everything we needed included at that price. If your on regular medication that can push the price up but it’s worth a try.

Here’s their link http://www.staysure.co.uk/travelinsurance/over65

When I’m looking for anything of this nature I always use a comparison website in the first instance, and then telephone the companies I may be interested in for the full information…..Good Luck….

Bedford
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message