Welcome to our forums.

Silver Travel Book Club - Book of the Month - June 2019

Hello Andrew and hello Silver Travel Friends,
This is Carol Drinkwater. I am writing this message from Paris which is partly where THE HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE CLIFF is set. Do enter the competition by telling us about your memory and experiences.
Tomorrow, I am of to Javea in Spain for a few days to promote the book. Andrew and I both look forward to reading your comments.
All good wishes, Carol

Thanks for the first comments this month @obag & @Marpau – glad to hear you love Carol’s books and Paris.

Don’t forget that to win a copy of her latest book ‘The House on the Edge of the Cliff’ please share with us some of your own best holiday memories from the 1960s, or alternatively describe any travel experiences you’ve enjoyed in beautiful Provence.

Good luck!

I love Carol’s books, this sounds a great read

I first visited Paris as a 14year old on an exchange visit and instantly fell in love with it. I have been back several times since and never tire of it. This has to been one of the best cities for long walks with numerous stops to sit and have a drink and people watch. Must go back again soon.

This month, the Silver Travel Book Club – proudly sponsored by Emerald Waterways – is reading The House on the Edge of the Cliff by Carol Drinkwater.

No one else knows what happened that summer. Or so she believes . . .

Grace first came to France a lifetime ago. Young and full of dreams of adventure, she met two very different men.

She fell under the spell of one. The other fell under hers. Until one summer night shattered everything .
. .
Now, Grace is living an idyllic life with her husband, sheltered from the world in a magnificent Provençal villa, perched atop a windswept cliff. Every day she looks out over the sea – the only witness to that fateful night years ago.

Until a stranger arrives at the house. A stranger who knows everything, and won’t leave until he gets what he wants.

The past and present spectacularly collide in this gripping story of love and betrayal echoing across the decades.

Carol Drinkwater is a much-loved actress and also an author of many books, including the ‘Olive series’, based on the 10-acre olive grove where she lives in the South of France. We’re delighted that she will be interacting with Silver Travel Book Club readers on the Forum thread throughout June.

There are passages in ‘The House on the Edge of the Cliff’ which take place in Paris during the 1960s. What are some of your own best holiday memories during that decade? Or what travel experiences have you had in beautiful Provence?

Join this Forum thread or comment on Silver Travel’s Facebook page and the most interesting two entries from Silver Travellers will each win a copy of The House on the Edge of the Cliff.

35 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message