Welcome to our forums.

Fun in Normandy for up to four people with Pierre & Vacances

Love winning prizes anywhere

Would love to visit Normandy! In particular Hornfleur on the Seine estuary, with all its wonderful quaint and colourful townhouses on the harbour as well as its yummy eateries! It looks as if its straight out of a painting and I cant wait to go and explore this enchanting place one day! A fabulous prize, indeed! Very relaxing and stunning architecture.

I wonder how much France has changed since l was there in the 70’s, l went to the Loire valley in the 60’s, it was magical with all the castles,then to Paris in the 60’s, l wnted to go grape picking with my French boyfriend but decided to come back to Englad and resume my studies.

France us a country I have only passed through.mibthink my lack of French has put me off going. I would however like to visit Normandy, who knows it could be the start of many other visits.

Sutton coldfield

Last year my husband and I we visited France for the first time together, staying for a week in a cottage in the Dordogne, which I successfully bid for in an auction. We took the car across from Newhaven to Dieppe and drove down to the beautiful area near Bergerac. It had been many years since either of us had been to France other than a drive though to Bruges, and we agreed that we had both forgotten how lovely and diverse it is. We didn’t travel around much that week as we were relaxing, but when we did everywhere was interesting, and people were so friendly – even when dragging our car out of a drainage ditch I’d driven into! We took in Chatres Cathedral on our drive back and were absolutely stunned by it. We were surprised at how pretty Normandy is but sadly only drove through, and we definitely need to return to see more of that area.

Cardiff, Wales

We have visited many countries in Europe, but never our closest neighbour, France. We are both now retired and would love to visit France and go to the Bayeaux War Cemetery. Also to spend time soaking up the local culture and walking on the beautiful beaches. Fingers crossed!

Normandy
Oh my goodness
Relaxing
Memories
Answer to our prayers
Never been
Destination perfect
Yippee yes yes please

I know Brittany well and passed through Normandy but It would be lovely to actually have opportunity to explore what looks like a beautiful area and resort. Deauville looks just lovely.

Normandy is so accessible by ferry it is surprising that not many articles are written about it! More surprising is the quantity and quality of accommodation on offer!

Normandy is so accessible by ferry it is surprising that not many articles are written about it! More surprising is the quantity and quality of accommodation on offer!

Last Edited by Tiredoldman at 09 Aug 12:23
Sign in to add your message