The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

FAO Solent Richard.

No. No. I must disagree ( reading some of those sour grapes comments above ) I was more than happy to be personally informed about Solent Richard’s success which we should ALL know about.

Congratulations Richard.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Congratulations to you and the Bag Richard !

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 07:56
Wakefield, West Yorks.
I didn’t get an email – am beginning to get a complex and wondering why….

Hi ESW, I apologise if you didn’t receive the message. I thought I had PM’d it to all the members.
If some members thought they had won then I apologise but I thought the PM was quite clear. The header of ‘October Forum Winner’ was intended to tell people what the content was was about. No where did it say ‘You Are The October Forum Winner’ or ‘You Are A Winner’ or any other wording to make you believe you had won. As Barrowman has already said we will change the wording next time. A lesson has been learned.

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 07:44
London

I didn’t get an email – am beginning to get a complex and wondering why….

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 07:42
ESW
Lincolnshire
Not trying to be argumentative, but I did think I was the winner when I read the heading "October Forum Winner". Maybe it might be an idea in future to say "Anon – October Winner". Though of course I’d change the month Bear in mind new people are joining all the time, if we made the mistake, others will. Not that I’m saying a ten pounds Marks & Spencer voucher will make or break anyone, welcome though it is
I thought that I had won something too.

Our apologies for the confusion, The prize winners PM has been in a similar format right from the start of the forum and this situation hasn’t happened before, anyway your comments have been taken on board and an amended heading will be used in future…..

Good luck in future prize draws, it may be you next month.

Last Edited by unknown at 20 Dec 07:36
Bedford

I thought that I had won something too.

Not trying to be argumentative, but I did think I was the winner when I read the heading "October Forum Winner". Maybe it might be an idea in future to say "Anon – October Winner". Though of course I’d change the month Bear in mind new people are joining all the time, if we made the mistake, others will. Not that I’m saying a ten pounds Marks & Spencer voucher will make or break anyone, welcome though it is

Just can’t get the staff these days Stan, with the case….

It was signed from you as well.

No answer to that then …….

Bedford
Just can’t get the staff these days Stan, with the case….

It was signed from you as well.

London

Having re-read the PM I sent it quite clearly says that the winner is Solent Richard.
The ‘Header’ tells you what the PM is about ie ‘October Forum Winner’. It doesn’t say you are the winner.

London
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message