Welcome to our forums.

Pre-Existing Medical Condition

Agreed, I hope none of us ever get to find out.

Essex UK

the summary of cover page lists emergency medical treatment up to £10,000,000 and associated expenses outside UK as further £10,000,000 and later in list it covers enforced stay abroad so seems to be quite extensive. Hope I never need to find out!

That’s good. Did they say anything about medical evacuation being covered @SilverTravelUser ?

Essex UK

Confirmed with Barclays that their travel insurance has no restrictions on cruising holidays just that it covers Europe and you start/end in UK. Their list of countries covered as “Europe” extends to Balkan states and most islands. Does not include Tunisia, Egypt or Cape Verde.

Do let us know how you get on when you’ve spoken to them.

Essex UK

I have read all through the policy document – yes, really! – but cannot find any reference to ‘cruises’ although it just says any trip that starts and ends at your home address in UK for no more than 31 days in total (each trip). Will check with them, but it does cover main winter sports and ‘leisure activities’ so maybe cruising is ok.

I read recently of a couple who went on a cruise and had medical insurance. Unfortunately like many it did not include ‘Cruising’. The female was taken ill and needed helicopter evacuation and this landed them with a bill for just over £20,000. Read the small print is the answer.

London

Fossil wrote:

Does that include cruising and medical evacuation?

An excellent question @Fossil & as my Select Platinum NatWest Travel Insurance is new to me I called them to check. Cruises are specifically mentioned in the “Included Activities” section and Part 2 of the policy states “including ambulance and rescue service fees to take you to hospital”. NatWest confirmed on the telephone that cruising was included and that you would be evacuated from the ship (or indeed wherever you were) by an appropriate means with your safety in mind.

So I’m reassured but all policies are different, so best to check on your own policy wording that all aspects appropriate for your travel needs are covered.

Essex UK

Mine’s with NatWest too @drewlin & their travel booking service also offers some great discounts too.

Thanks for explaining @SilverTravelUser sounds like a decent deal.

Essex UK

Does that include cruising and medical evacuation?

London
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message