Welcome to our forums.

popular hill stations in India?

Very interesting and informative, @Bharattaxi

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

India has abundant hill stations throughout the country making it a quiet and captivating destination for tourists. Kashmir has some of the most beautiful hill stations in India including Gulmarg, Srinagar and Leh Ladakh. In Himachal Pradesh too, tourists like the hill stations around Shimla, Manali and Dalhousie. Mussoorie and Nainital are one of the most popular hill stations in North India. Coorg, Ooty and Kodaikanal are the most popular hill stations in South India.

There are not only one or two mountain ranges in India even there are seven mountain ranges here. From the lush green environment of the Western Ghats, the snow-capped mountains of the Himalayas also play an important role in the natural beauty of India. There are many Prasadhi hill stations in these mountain ranges.

Gulmarg – Gulmarg means valley of flowers. Gulmarg is a valley full of flowers where you can enjoy the spring and summer season. This place is completely covered with snow during the winter season and you can enjoy skiing here.

Manali – Manali is surrounded by palm trees and Beas River located in the Kullu Valley. Manali is best known for skiing.

Tawang – A panoramic view of the mountains of the Himalayas is seen from Tawang and there are many lakes which are located just a few kilometers from Guwahati.

Yelagiri – Another offbeat hill station in South India is Yelagiri where you can get a chance to spend some time amidst the peaceful environment.

Shimoga – The most beautiful hill station of the Western Ghats is Shimoga which is not very popular. There are many waterfalls like Sagra Fall, Kodachadri, Agunga etc.

steve45 wrote:

I Have recently visited North India’s most popular hill stations i.e

Dalhousie
Dharamshala
Gulmarg
Mussoorie
Nainital
These places are really very awesome with beauty of nature and fresh environment make these places more attractive for tourists.

I’m in the early stages of planning our Indian trip, part of which is a river cruise along the upper reaches of the Ganges…

I’ve bookmarked your ‘stations’ and will check if any are in the vicinity we plan to visit.

I Have recently visited North India’s most popular hill stations i.e

1. Dalhousie
  2. Dharamshala
  3. Gulmarg
  4. Mussoorie
  5. Nainital

These places are really very awesome with beauty of nature and fresh environment make these places more attractive for tourists.

united states

Having spent some time in India, I know how passionate many Indians are about cricket – maybe some of you can join in the cricket thread? At the moment it’s just us Brits going on about how wonderful our team are. Given the drubbing you gave us in the winter, I don’t believe none of you could challenge that!!

Hi @AjaySutar

I’m glad you enjoyed your stay in a hill station – I’ve visited one in Malaysia and found it a welcome retreat from the summer heat.

We you also escaping from heat? If you look around on this site you’ll find we’re a chatty bunch, and we’d love to know more about where you live. Maybe you could join in the ‘what are you doing today’ thread? You’d be very welcome.

Hello everyone,

Recently i have been to Lasdown which is located in Uttarakhand. Lansdowne which was earlier known as Kaludanda (Black Hill in the local language) is one of the serene hill stations in Uttarakhand, North India. An unexplored destination and cantonment town, Lansdowne has been associated with times when the British came to India. Captivating visitors from all over the world, Lansdowne is a place of historical significance. Unlike other popular hill destinations, it is well connected by motorable roads and railways, to provide visitants with convenience of transport and readiness to locate resorts in Lansdowne. Situated at an altitude of 1,800 metres (4,593 feet) above sea level, Lansdowne is surrounded with a natural beauty of thick forests consisting of tall oak and blue pine trees. Geographically, Lansdowne Uttarakhand lies in the Pauri Garhwal district.

Leave alone the stress of daily routines and go beyond limits to become one with nature here in the countryside of Dehriyakhal. One of the prestigious hotels in the area, Lans Castle Hotel offers a striking view of the serene Garhwal hills and its lush green valleys that glow wondrously with sunrise beams captivating you at 1700 meters above sea level.

Shimla , Manali is the popular tourist hill station in India. Shimla used to be the summer capital of India throughout British governance and still to be admired because the Queen of Hill Stations. placed within the Northwestern a part of the range of mountains, Shimla is currently the capital of Himachal Pradesh. Manali attractions in Manali like Vashishtha hott water spring and monastery and even the sacred Hidimba Temple. This ancient temple is visited by travelers and devotees from all around the world, and additionally by international travelers who have an interest in knowing the traditional history of the place.

Can I ask the idiot’s question – why is the monsoon the best time to visit?

ESW
Lincolnshire
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message