Welcome to our forums.

On my travels

I don’t cruise, but I do travel alone – the hardest bit is the first step, and everything gets easier after that! Good luck!

Hi Linda @Travelgeek
Back in 2015 I covered a Fred Olsen cruise as a solo passenger and really enjoyed it. They look after their solo travellers extremely well beginning with a Champagne meeting on the first day. They select tables for you, organise activities, excursions and meetings. the great thing is, if you don’t want to take part, you don’t have to.
This is a link to my review: https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/review/cruise/155106-review-boudicca
If you book as a first time passenger you will receive a 10% discount through Silver Travel. https://www.silvertraveladvisor.com/partner/156459-fred-olsen-cruise-lines

London

HiLinda @Travelgeek – have done 9 solo cruises, and it’s definitely the best way to travel if you are on your own.
I was petrified the first time, but everyone was so friendly and I was only by myself if I chose to be. When
booking, ask to be seated at a table of 8 or 10, and generally the Maitre’d will include other solos at the
same table. There is generally a meeting for solo travellers during the first couple of days, where you can
meet up with others. Most of the activities onboard do not require a partner, so you can join in with what
pleases you. If you haven’t heard of CruiseCritic Roll Calls, I’ll be happy to explain this wonderful facility.
Please ask me anything you like, no matter how silly you may think the question – or PM me – we all have
to start somewhere. Best of luck, Gill

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain
Hi everyone , I am wandering if you could help me ? I’m thinking of going on a cruise for my 60th and having never been on either a cruise, or a holiday alone i was wandering what it was like , I don’t want to be Billy no mate’s and be miserable the whole time , I like to join in with things and enjoy myself but am a bit shy , so if you have been on a cruise by yourself i would love to hear from you and get your feedback, thanks . Linda .
Chorley
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message