Welcome to our forums.

Lunar eclipse 14/15th April

Some preacher in the USA was forecasting the end of the world blah blah, because of the red moons….he was including Mars, which is very close at the moment.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

No. I think you had to be in the USA for the best effect as you said above.

Essex UK

Did anyone see anything?

ESW
Lincolnshire
…still looks yellowy white from where I’m standing…

Looks exactly the same here GW – I’m getting fed up going out back and looking at it now…

Perhaps all Silver Travellers should all go out now and look at it at the same time, will it to occur through a transference of collective cosmic consciousness…or something…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Looks exactly the same here GW – I’m getting fed up going out back and looking at it now…

Bedford

Last Edited by unknown at 01 Jul 17:33
Wakefield, West Yorks.

I’ve been watching since the moon rose above mountain height….looks normal. Mars was much higher at that time, but now the moon’s rising as high as Mars.
Edit: Just been out to check…the moon’s not as high as Mars but is immediately beneath.

Nr. Seascale, Cumbria

Camera on the tripod and I’ll be ready for it, if it happens this way.

Bedfordshire

Its worth having a look though, you never know we might be lucky – I will be anyway….

Bedford

How good is it going to be here? I was under the impression we were at the edge of the viewing area and it was going to be best in the US.
http://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/lunar/2014-april-15

It sounds as if we will have to wait until 28th September 2015 to experience a blood red moon in the UK nighttime sky. Before that we have the partial solar eclipse to look forward to on the morning of 20th March 2015.

Last Edited by unknown at 01 Jul 17:07
ESW
Lincolnshire
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message