Welcome to our forums.

Love and marriage....

If my memory is correct I think the “Love is” cartoons were published daily in the Daily Mail and at Christmas you could buy an anthology of them in a book.

I don’t know Daily Mail stopped printing them. Was it because Kim retired?

Quote from Zsa Zsa Gabor “I am a very good housekeeper, every time I divorced a husband, I kept the house!”

Over 250,000 couples tie the knot in UK every year in a wedding industry worth an annual £10 billion pounds. The average cost of a wedding in UK being £27,000, while in London £38,000 with 42% of all UK marriages ending in divorce. The average marriage is expected to last 32 years with 60% surviving the 20th anniversary, 16% of marriages reach the 60th anniversary. Same sex marriages in UK between 2014-2015 numbered 15,098. Registered marriages in England and Ireland in 2013 were 240,854, Northern Ireland 8,550 in 2014 Scotland 29,070 with 77% of brides and 76% of grooms in UK marrying for the first time.

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I witnessed some very intersting marital frictions during my recent Folkestone stay ESW…there’s something about hotel dining areas which brings out the submerged social mechanics of relationships, all jollied up with their holiday heads…fresh from their heady hangovers the night before…

" Go gerrus sum toast ya fat Sl*g " " Get yer own ya fat B******" etc. etc.

Charming smatterings of breakfast banter worthy of a Noel Coward play…

Wakefield, West Yorks.

Old Yorkshire Adage :

"What’s yours is mine …and what’s mine’s me own…"
Wakefield, West Yorks.

Love the quote. For Pat and I it is so true.

London

. .

If ever there is tomorrow when we’re not together… there is something you must always remember.. you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. but the most important thing is, even if we’re apart…….. I’ll always be with you.

Bedford

Does anyone remember the ‘Love is…’ cartoons back in the 70s. Two that stick in my mind are

Love is….sometimes feeling like wringing his neck

Love is… not both being crabby at the same time.

ESW
Lincolnshire

By Rod Stewart:
Instead of getting married again, I’m going to find a woman I don’t like and just give her a house.

London

The exchange between Churchill & Lady Astor:
She said, "If you were my husband I’d poison your tea."
He said, "If you were my wife, I’d drink it."

London

Keep your eyes wide open before marriage, half shut afterwards.
~Benjamin Franklin

Essex UK
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message