The Silver Travel Forum – important update

Our Forum is now only available to read rather than to contribute to discussions. You can still access all threads, but you will no longer be able to add your own comments. If you would like to write a review instead, please click here.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]

Latest phone scams...

Strange we all seem to bank at the same branch – please PM me your account number and I will transfer the money from your recent lottery win which was paid into my account in error…….

Mohamed

Bedford
Another one today, from someone in India wanting to know bank details for refund of bank charges. Husband decided to have a bit of fun and asked which bank. He was eventually told Barclays. M. said we had three accounts with them, which one was it? After asking about ten times for the number of our account, he was eventually told it was 363636….

Wow that’s my number too

Essex UK

Another one today, from someone in India wanting to know bank details for refund of bank charges. Husband decided to have a bit of fun and asked which bank. He was eventually told Barclays. M. said we had three accounts with them, which one was it? After asking about ten times for the number of our account, he was eventually told it was 363636….

ESW
Lincolnshire

Yesterday the phone rang & when I picked it up there was a slight pause & then the recorded voice said GOODBYE. I wonder if I’m the first person where a computer has put the phone down on them

Essex UK

The recorded announcements seem to have taken over from a real person (perhaps because the real person was getting too much abuse?)

Today I’ve been informed that according to their records I’ve had an accident or industrial injury during the last three years (first I’d known about it) and may be due up to £5000 compensation… He was rattling on for ages so I left him talking to himself.

ESW
Lincolnshire

We’ve had a couple of these a few months ago. We do actually own a Dyson which is new well out of it’s 5 year guarentee. I was told it ought to be serviced every two years….

We used to get some one doing a door to door offering a free service on electrical goods. If you signed up, someone would arrive, have a cursory look and offer to take the item away for a proper service. I got caught once must be 30 years ago. Never again.

I made the mistake of saying the vacuum didn’t suck as well as I thought it ought to. It went away for an expensive service which didn’t make a lot of difference. A month or so later I discovered there was a small tear in the hose. Bought a replacement hose from the market and it was fine.

ESW
Lincolnshire

We got a Dyson vaccuum cleaner enquiry re its breaking down…never even owned one ???

Wakefield, West Yorks.

I got a new one today. A recorded message about debt conselling advice as I had previously expressed an interest in receiving information about financial services (no, I hadn’t)… I left the recording talking to itself.

ESW
Lincolnshire

It just comes up on my display "international" & 9 times out of 10 its a scam.

Essex UK

over here we ignore 1-888 or 1-800 and lately we get 123—— which turns out to be a Skype call over VOIP

Vancouver Island , Canada
Sign in to add your message