You certainly haven’t changed much, Alan

Thanks Gill, you have made my day.

London

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
15:21 30-Jun-20

@cruzeroqueen1
And this was 54 years ago!!

You certainly haven’t changed much, Alan (maybe the belt loosened a notch?)

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

A nice (and smart) blast from the past.

Essex UK

@cruzeroqueen1
And this was 54 years ago!!

London

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
15:54 29-Jun-20

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I bet it brought back many happy memories!

They were great days Gill, however we are all a lot older now. I am still in touch with many in my role as Secretary of Kent RMP Assn. We still carry out ‘Honour Guard’ duties at the funerals of ex members in Kent. The photo shows some of us from the last one we did.

Lovely to see you all looking so smart (and proud – deservedly so). I hate the current trend for what I call ‘slob wear’.
I think it engenders a lack of respect for yourself and others.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I bet it brought back many happy memories!

They were great days Gill, however we are all a lot older now. I am still in touch with many in my role as Secretary of Kent RMP Assn. We still carry out ‘Honour Guard’ duties at the funerals of ex members in Kent. The photo shows some of us from the last one we did.

London

pm wrote:

will celebrate his 100th birthday

I wish him well, 100 is a wonderful achievement. He also has my admiration for doing the Arctic Ocean in a ship that battled through the roughest of weather without stabilisers. Some of the stories I have heard from others who took part in the Arctic Convoys are horrendous and I would say to them all, Thank You, your true heroes.

London

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
11:11 27-Jun-20

Certainly is Gill. This is from last year when one of our members arrived with his old RMP vehicle that he has restored.

That looks wonderful – I bet it brought back many happy memories!

Sorry to say, nothing happened here in N Dorset that I was aware of – but in nearby Salisbury, where it is usually a BIG parade day, they organiised a series of ‘virtual activities’ on-line aid of SSAFA. However, we will make up for it in a couple of weeks here in Gillingham when one of our Probus Club members who is proudly ex-Royal Navy (like me) will celebrate his 100th birthday. His service included being a crew member on HMS Argus for the first convoy from Scapa Flo to Murmansk through the Arctic Ocean in 1941 with supplies for Russia, including 24 Hurricane fighter arcraft!.

Certainly is Gill. This is from last year when one of our members arrived with his old RMP vehicle that he has restored.

London
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message