Giants Causeway, was there last year.
Think it’s a penguin.
Walk in space?

London

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Before I read the book, I thought Moby Dick was a STD

Well done 100%

Essex UK

Thanks for the clarifications, Steve. (Before I read the book, I thought Moby Dick was a STD )

Q356. In TV’s Eastenders, what was market inspector Richard Coles’ nickname?
Haven’t watched that since being over here, but remember it was Tricky Dicky.

Q357. Which famous American entertainer was born Erich Weiss in 1874?
Houdini

Q358. What “H” is an open framed instrument played by plucking the strings with your fingers?
Harp (the logo of Guinness).

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Q353. Who is the author of “Typee” and “Mardi”?

It was Herman Melville, best known for Moby Dick

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Cambodia

Correct. Visiting one of the “Killing Fields” & later the prison/detention centre was possibly one of the most harrowing travel experiences I’ve had.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I think he had quite a few other names

The answer I have for his surname is Buonarroti. His full name is Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni.

According to Google "The name Simoni originated from the personal name Simon, itself a derivative of the Hebrew name “Sim’on,” from the verb “sama” meaning “to listen.” Thus, the name Simoni means “God has listened,” referring to the gratitude of the parents who, having wished for a child, had their prayers answered."

Essex UK

Q353. Who is the author of “Typee” and “Mardi”?
Oh dear, never heard of either!

Q354. The Oscar winning film “The Killing Fields” was about the massacres which country?
Cambodia (Was lucky enought to visit Angkor Wat, et al, a couple of years ago).

Q355. Famed for his Sistine Chapel frescoes, what was Michaelangelo’s surname?
I think he had quite a few othernames, but the last one I think was Simoni.

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Robert de Niro.

Correct

Fossil wrote:

Backbenchers

Correct

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

California

Correct. We were entertained but a little dust devil skipping over the desert as we drove through it last summer.

Essex UK

Q350. In the song by Bananarama, which film star was said to be “Waiting, Talking Italian”
Robert de Niro.

Q351. Does the 1922 Committee consist of the backbenchers or front bench members of the Conservative party?
Not sure, but I think it’s the back benchers to give them an opportunity to put their views forward.

Q352. The Mojave Dessert is primarily in which American state?
More or less on the border at the edge of California?

Robert Diniro
Backbenchers, front benchers are the cabinet.
Not sure, choice is California and the other Nevada. Las Vegas is in the desert and that is Nevada so will go with Nevada, final answer.

London

Fossil wrote:

Digestion

Correct

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

Q348. The Brecon Beacons National Park straddles three Welsh counties, name them?

They are Carmarthenshire, Powys and Monmouthshire & the park covers some 520 square miles

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I would guess at ‘*balance*’. (Apart from covering it’s bum!).

Well done you both got balance, but from an aesthetics point of view the coverage is also important

Fossil wrote:

Jake the pake with his wooden leg

Oh why did you put that song in my head, it’ll be there all day now

Essex UK

Digestion
I know it’s the training ground for SAS & SBS but not sure of the counties. I will go with Powys and a couple of the Glamorgans.
Like ‘Jake the pake with his wooden leg’ I think it acts as a Kangaroos 3rd leg to aid balance and momentum.

London
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one