Welcome to our forums.

The Upside of Self-Isolating

@Albatrail wrote:

Could we choose a free course and study it together using the forum for discussion?

What a great idea. For now I’m going to concentrate on clear my “Get around to it” list but may be something to consider later.

They look great @HMJ let me know how that taste test went.

Essex UK

Great pictures @HMJ

London

@coolonespa the taste was a bit bland, like a mozzarella, but now it’s been turned into these little curd tarts, it should be ok. Just going out into the garden and enjoy with a coffee in the sunshine.

Fossil wrote:

Fossil
16:30 24-Mar-20

Summer house etc. open, now where’s the Rosé

And no-one to overlook you and say, “OMG, that’s his fourth glass and it’s not even noon!”.

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Thinking of using my time in isolation constructively, perhaps not immediately but in a few days (or weeks) time. I’d seen news about online educational materials for kids so decided to look at the Open University for adult materials.

Could we choose a free course and study it together using the forum for discussion? The subjects seem to be very wide from history, art, nature, society and more.
https://www.open.edu/openlearn/free-courses/full-catalogue

This course might be a good place to start?

Scotland

Looks great @HMJ what was the taste test like?

Essex UK

I’ve been in the ‘dairy’ cheese making today. A friend bought me a book, rennet, thermometer and cheesecloth for Christmas. At the time I thought “lovely idea, but when am I going to find the time to make cheese”. Little did I know! My first attempt at curd cheese seemed to turn out like the picture in the book, so tomorrow’s project is to try to make a Yorkshire curd tart which I remember from my childhood.

Gillian-Thornton wrote:

Did you drink it already?!?

Haven’t got it out yet

London

Did you drink it already?!?

Summer house etc. open, now where’s the Rosé

London
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message