Welcome to our forums.

Reasons to be Cheerful

Very crafty, Steve – I like his style!

Albox, Costa Almeria, Spain

Cruzeroqueen1 wrote:

I’ve seen on FB a lady fixed up a 2m plastic screen…

Oh yes I’ve seen that one, just great.

Saw one yesterday of a guy preparing for a work video conference. He taped a tea bag string and tab to the outside of his mug and then filled it up with beer….genius

Essex UK

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:53 22-May-20

One of the things I loved learning about during this pandemic has been the amazing ingenuity of people to overcome or reduce the impact of obstacles.

Yesterday a friend sent me a message that her Mum was going for park walks with her granddaughter now, who could not understand why she couldn’t hold nanny’s hand as normal. So nanny got two bamboo canes & put a glove on the tip of each. So now the granddaughter is happy that they walk along holding hands (kinda) but socially distanced.

Awww, that’s lovely! I’ve seen on FB a lady fixed up a 2m plastic screen with plastic ‘arms’ and gloves,
incorporated in it, on her front lawn, so Grandma could hug her grandchildren without actually touching
them (if that makes sense) . Not too sure about the efficacy of that if either had the virus, though!

Last Edited by Cruzeroqueen1 at 22 May 10:55

@coolonespa Great idea.

London

One of the things I loved learning about during this pandemic has been the amazing ingenuity of people to overcome or reduce the impact of obstacles.

Yesterday a friend sent me a message that her Mum was going for park walks with her granddaughter now, who could not understand why she couldn’t hold nanny’s hand as normal. So nanny got two bamboo canes & put a glove on the tip of each. So now the granddaughter is happy that they walk along holding hands (kinda) but socially distanced.

Essex UK

Oh yes I do. Perhaps I should add “Part 3” to the title of the thread for an exact match

Essex UK

The title of this thread in song, who remembers it!!

London

coolonespa wrote:

Sometimes photography is about being in the right place at the right time, this one on Twitter made em smile

That’s great, I certainly smilled, also.

coolonespa wrote:

coolonespa
08:34 20-May-20

coolonespa wrote:

Loved your idea yesterday Alan….Tom for a Knighthood.

It seems I wasn’t the only one listening Alan

“Captain Tom Moore awarded knighthood for NHS fundraising”

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52732300

Well deserved!

Sometimes photography is about being in the right place at the right time, this one on Twitter made em smile

Essex UK
141 Posts
Sign in to add your message